I don't want Dickov out

Rochdale game was abandoned (2nd Nov i think) and the official match took place at the end of November, ending 1-1.

The dates above appear to have slipped because the Tonk / Morais Huddersfield win was 13th November.

We then had no games in December and have been :censored:e ever since.

I was wondering whether the site was wrong as I remembered the abandonment myself...............not like the official to be wrong is it, and you're right, we have been :censored:e since!

2 years and 2 days since we collapsed from being a magnificent 3-0 up at half time to draw 3-3 with Exeter.

I think this was a defining moment in Dickov's management career. If Dale Stephen's free kick had sneaked in as the game came to a close I believe we would have continued to entertain and gone on to compete for a play-off place in both his seasons.

As it is, PD sought a more cautious approach to our play thereafter.

2 years and 2 days since we collapsed from being a magnificent 3-0 up at half time to draw 3-3 with Exeter.

I think this was a defining moment in Dickov's management career. If Dale Stephen's free kick had sneaked in as the game came to a close I believe we would have continued to entertain and gone on to compete for a play-off place in both his seasons.

As it is, PD sought a more cautious approach to our play thereafter.

Think that's the lowest I've felt coming out of BP in recent times....didn't he put Winchester to right back for some reason and we were battered after that....and if I remember right they could have won it but missed a penalty at the death!

Think that's the lowest I've felt coming out of BP in recent times....didn't he put Winchester to right back for some reason and we were battered after that....and if I remember right they could have won it but missed a penalty at the death!

Brill saved the penalty but they equalised from the resulting corner.

Stephens curled a free kick towards the top corner with the final kick of the game. Only for their keeper to knock it on to the post.

Oh, I'll take that.

But those who saw yesterday's game know that repeating that performance against similar opposition will not get repeated wins. Repeating it against better opposition will get repeated defeats.

That's it for me. We were lucky yesterday, in that, it won't be every week that we play such a poor side. They were truly awful, and yet we still let them create a few chances, the game was never safe and we managed to get a spawny; minging 1 nil win at home.

Now don't get me wrong - we needed the 3 points - big time. But, what I just can't comprehend is the formation, selection, tactics and gameplan.....in setting us up like we were yesterday. Our goal was from one of 2 meaningful attacks in the 1st half. The second half, we never tested the 'Keeper and created feck-all. Against a side as poor as they were.

3 or 4 of our players were visibly out on their feet with 20mins to go - and yet no sub's were made at all.

Once again, Furman was non-existent as a forward threat. Playing a LB at LW; for the 1st time in his professional career was a huge risk (yep he got the goal, but he looked uncomfortbale all game there IMO). Smith unfortunately showed he has a career as an impact sub for 10-15min cameos, as he was poor for the 90mins........

It's not clicking. I wanted to give PD more time with this group; for it to click. But, I've now seen enough. I don't think he's ever going to truly get this bunch, or any other for that matter, to click. He hasn't got it in him IMO. Nice bloke yes, but that's not enough is it?

Check them again ..... we only drew at Rochdale away after Plymouth!

30 October Plymouth W4-2

2 Nov Rochdale ABANDONED Replayed on 27/11

13 November Hudds W1-0

20 November Daggers W1-0

23 November Exeter D3-3

27 November Dale D1-1

Edited by oafcprozac