The ref kept talking to their players before they took freekicks and was letting them take it, without blowing his whistle. Happened for the goal while bouzy was sorting the wall out.

Joke of a referee and we were on the back foot for 5-10mins after it, if it had been 0-0 we would have still been trying to win it. Frustrated isn't the word

I agree. Though it ended 1-0 to Donny, they could easily have sorced 2-3 more, whereas we had no goal chance to speak of. We were frankly awful going forward, no penetration, no holding the ball, not enough men in the box, and Donny's giant back four easily dealt with what little threat we posed. Their keeper had no shot to save.

The ref kept talking to their players before they took freekicks and was letting them take it, without blowing his whistle. Happened for the goal while bouzy was sorting the wall out.

Joke of a referee and we were on the back foot for 5-10mins after it, if it had been 0-0 we would have still been trying to win it. Frustrated isn't the word

certain refs allow it, we should have stood on the ball

i bet their players did when we won a free kick in similar areas

certain refs allow it, we should have stood on the ball

i bet their players did when we won a free kick in similar areas

If he's not raised the whistle in the air to indicate it needs to be blown they can take it when they want.

It's up to us to be "professional" in that situation - as you suggest.

I bet Chris Taylor would have made sure they couldn't have taken it - one of those little noticed things he was very good at.

If he's not raised the whistle in the air to indicate it needs to be blown they can take it when they want.

It's up to us to be "professional" in that situation - as you suggest.

I bet Chris Taylor would have made sure they couldn't have taken it - one of those little noticed things he was very good at.

Blimey I'm agreeing with you a lot today, agreeing, not stalking! Taylor is a very "professional" player, all the diving, whinging and winding up people that he did is very much a part of the game today.

Glad Im not the only one who thinks like that, im more mad that we fell asleep on the free-kick again, surely someone like Wes/Derbyshire/Baxter could stand on the ball as soon as it goes against us!

If Baxter did that to them this morning we would be raving about his brain, we switched off and they punished us, from what I understand it was yet another soft and stupid free-kick that led to the initial free-kick anyway

Blimey I'm agreeing with you a lot today, agreeing, not stalking! Taylor is a very "professional" player, all the diving, whinging and winding up people that he did is very much a part of the game today.

This Morrais was also good at slowing things down like this...

Other teams do it but we seem to be too nice: Other teams stand on the ball or pick it up and take 2 yards then give it back...not rocket science

Taylor was very good at needing treatment when we were under sustained pressure.

Giving the lads a breather while the physio combed his leg hairs or whatever.

Would you have Taylor back in your side? By this I mean the Taylor of last season not 4 years ago?

Montano is a good replacement but looking at the way Millwall have shot up the Championship table since he's become a regular in the team shows just how much of an impact he can have.

I'd have him back but he's a luxury player, not a necessity.

Ref was :censored:e, simple as.

From M'voto's booking in the 5th minute you could just tell he was doing to be diabolical. Punished us for everything. I never come on here and complain about refs but he was a disgrace from start to the last whistle.

On the topic of the free-kick. It was schoolyard, but what we could've done about a quick free-kick like that is questionable. What could we do about it? Its a one-off that you expect won't happen in sportsmanlike conduct. It wasn't Bouzanis' fault, wasn't the defence's fault, just something you can't account for.

Edited by NewBlue

Ref was :censored:e, simple as.

From M'voto's booking in the 5th minute you could just tell he was doing to be diabolical. Punished us for everything. I never come on here and complain about refs but he was a disgrace from start to the last whistle.

On the topic of the free-kick. It was schoolyard, but what we could've done about a quick free-kick like that is questionable. What could we do about it? Its a one-off that you expect won't happen in sportsmanlike conduct. It wasn't Bouzanis' fault, wasn't the defence's fault, just something you can't account for.

if anyone of our players had stood in front of the ball then they would not have been able to take it quickly, meaning the ref would have to move the Latics player and signal that Donny must wait for the whistle!

it was niave by us again and this sort of stuff is now a basic part of the game which under Dickov we dont seem to get,all comes down to concentration levels again, they must be switched on at all times

it was not the refs fault it was the players fault...again

if anyone of our players had stood in front of the ball then they would not have been able to take it quickly, meaning the ref would have to move the Latics player and signal that Donny must wait for the whistle!

it was niave by us again and this sort of stuff is now a basic part of the game which under Dickov we dont seem to get,all comes down to concentration levels again, they must be switched on at all times

it was not the refs fault it was the players fault...again

Normal part of the game?? Can't remember last time I've seen a quick freekick taken while the keeper is still sorting the wall out. I disagree about our players being naive since it doesn't happen very often and its not because players are always standing over the ball. If the ref said he would allow quick freekicks before the game starts then ok, fair for both teams.....But going off dickov's interview after the match, I very much doubt that this happened.

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

Normal part of the game?? Can't remember last time I've seen a quick freekick taken while the keeper is still sorting the wall out. I disagree about our players being naive since it doesn't happen very often and its not because players are always standing over the ball. If the ref said he would allow quick freekicks before the game starts then ok, fair for both teams.....But going off dickov's interview after the match, I very much doubt that this happened.

You can take the free kick whenever you like, unless the ref says otherwise. Which is really as it should be, there is no reason why the cheating side should be allowed to make the others wait while they sort everything out to their advantage. This is of course why you need someone to act against the laws and spirit of the game and stand in front of it.

Normal part of the game?? Can't remember last time I've seen a quick freekick taken while the keeper is still sorting the wall out.

That's because most sides ensure that one body is busy discussing the referee's decision with him, right next to the ball. Or the first man in the wall stands 6 inches from the ball before moving backwards.

Watch any game at any level and it happens every time a free kick is awarded.

If the ref said he would allow quick freekicks before the game starts then ok, fair for both teams.....But going off dickov's interview after the match, I very much doubt that this happened.

Show me where, in the laws of the game, it says the referee has to blow his whistle for a free kick to be taken. Show me where it says he has to have a chat enforce the game saying he intends not to.

We got it wrong and paid the price.