Eintracht Frankfurt

That won't be the official time yet (as far as I can tell they've released the fictures until mid-February), so take care with this one if your flight is so close. It's a pretty big game so may well get shifted for telly. This would mean a Friday 5pm kickoff or a Monday night kickoff (7.45pm). Even if it is not on telly, it is as likely to be on a Saturday as a Sunday (12 and 12.30 respectively).

There are loads of games on in Germany though, if this isn't timed right - and many can be reached from Munich (and Unterhaching I think are at home on the Saturday).

thank you

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Bayern, next to near impossible to get tickets for league games. You could try and go up to see if anyone is selling spares, but it's unlikely.

For 1860, you can just turn up and buy tickets on the day. There will be stand numbers above each kiosk so that you know which area of the ground you are queuing for. I usually buy online via http://www.tsv1860-ticketing.de, my German is not the best, fortunately though it's easy to follow online. Plus you can choose your seats, when you queue you get handed whatever seat is first in line. I'd plump for blocks 240/241, which is above the Nordcurve where all the hardcore fans sit and right behind the goal.

The other thing you'll need to grab on the day is a stadium card as the food & beer kiosks do not accept cash. The cards are free and you put on whatever cash you want to spend on the day, you'll see people queuing inside the stadium. A beer is 4€ and food about 5-6€ depending and yes you can drink in the stands, smoke too. That all said, if you need a guide on the day, I'll likely be at the game so would be happy to help.

I know as a club we're paired with Frankfurt, but as I've lived in Munich for the last 10 years, I've become a bit of a fan. We play Dresden on Sunday and I'm hoping that the club will get around to announcing a new manager, we were linked to Sven Goran Eriksson recently, but that has all gone quiet. As for the stadium, yes too big for 1860, but miles better than playing at the Olmypiastadium. The have the Grunwald stadium, but it can only hold 15K, which is nowehere near enough. Biggest crowd I've seen so far this year was 45K on the opening day.

thanks, i'll get in touch nearer the time.

a load of us are going over for a 40th but probably a handful of us will go to the match if it's doable with our flight times

For those going to 1860 Munich, one of there fans a guy called Stefan often flys over to watch Latics play although he has not been this season yet. Below is the article which BOB found the photo from.

http://www.eintracht.de/english/news/40166/

Internet team? Strange translation.... Owls an all??

I'm in Berlin in February, Herta have got FC Union Berlin at home... Not going for football reasons but this has got me thinking it'd be good to catch a game. Probably unlikely being a derby but you never know.

The Olympic stadium is huge tbf, and they only average 30 odd thousand. Obviously it'd be higher for a derby but it should be easy enough to get a ticket.

Internet team? Strange translation.... Owls an all??

To be fair mate he does alot more games in a season than half the stayaways or bovis crew that went to Liverpool do. Hertha v Union is a friendly derby i use to follow Tebe BERLIN as one of there fans use to work with us in my Mcdonalds days.

Leeslover i'll keep you uptodate mate when the next trip is planned.

Below is the article which BOB found the photo from.

http://www.eintracht...ish/news/40166/

The scarf in the picture refers to 1982, but the article clearly states that next year is the 30th anniversary, meaning the fans of both clubs met in 1983, and I'm hoping to join in the celebrations next year.

The Latics OS has now converted the story and brought the 30th anniversary forward twelve months, saying the celebrations have already taken place.

http://www.oldhamath...cht-548277.aspx

The rarely-wrong Chron says the supporters of the two clubs' friendship started in 1982 in Belgium, which boboafc corrected to Paris (without correcting the year) in his comment on the story.

http://www.oldham-ch...tic-news/37370/

Has a year been lost in translation and are the scarf, the OS and the Chron correct? :unsure:

The scarf in the picture refers to 1982, but the article clearly states that next year is the 30th anniversary, meaning the fans of both clubs met in 1983, and I'm hoping to join in the celebrations next year.

The Latics OS has now converted the story and brought the 30th anniversary forward twelve months, saying the celebrations have already taken place.

http://www.oldhamath...cht-548277.aspx

The rarely-wrong Chron says the supporters of the two clubs' friendship started in 1982 in Belgium, which boboafc corrected to Paris (without correcting the year) in his comment on the story.

http://www.oldham-ch...tic-news/37370/

Has a year been lost in translation and are the scarf, the OS and the Chron correct? :unsure:

The year was indeed 1982. It was the bank holiday weekend at the end of May.

My profile picture is the team that played in that tournament being presented with the fair play trophy by Joe Royle and the supporters club Chairman, the late Col Shaw, prior to Joe's 1st game in charge against Shrewsbury in August 1982.

The year was indeed 1982. It was the bank holiday weekend at the end of May.

My profile picture is the team that played in that tournament being presented with the fair play trophy by Joe Royle and the supporters club Chairman, the late Col Shaw, prior to Joe's 1st game in charge against Shrewsbury in August 1982.

Cheers and happy 30th anniversary. :chubb:

Was in Cologne at the weekend. Didn't go to the game that was on but the fans paraded through the city before the game - would've thought they'd won the league and weren't mid table in the second tier. Bet the atmosphere at the game was incredible.

I went to that game against Braunschweig who were top of the league-brilliant atmosphere from start to finish-it may have been Division 2 but there were 38000 there-2 all draw,also a German missing a penalty.The singing and flags and scarf waving and twirling was absolutely excellent.I've never been to a Bundesliga game before-certainly intend to do so again. The transport organisation from Cologne centre to the ground and back was also first class-the Germans put us totally to shame in that aspect-also if anybody thinks Manchester Xmas markets are good then they have no idea-they really are crap compared to the ones in Cologne and other German cities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If any Latics fans are heading to Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt give me a shout.

Would be great to finally hear a Lancy accent again and see a match!

EDIT: Would be good to establish some sort of group ourselves related to the Jerries. Their group which comes over is called EFC Bockenheim (just fan group).

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

• 6 months later...

Saw some EF fans in the paddock at a Latics game last season. They had bought scarves and all kinds of Latics gear from the shop. At half time they asked me where they could buy a beer. I said only from the mainstand bar, but to ask the steward to let them through given they had come a long way. They wouldn't let them go up. Embarrassing. :-( new stand required.

Edited by Latic_Fanatic

• 3 months later...

If any Latics fans are heading to Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt give me a shout.

Would be great to finally hear a Lancy accent again and see a match!

EDIT: Would be good to establish some sort of group ourselves related to the Jerries. Their group which comes over is called EFC Bockenheim (just fan group).

I'll be over in May/June. :grin: