Do none of the 95 post on here?

I attended today absolute disgrace sorry but dickov has to go

Pathetic performance. Players shown no interest. Highlight was sat with Exeter fans. #ECFC #OAFC #DickovOut

Lots of pressure from #oafc before Yeovil third, scored by the up-to-then anonymous Hayter. But home side sharper, better. What next?#oafc

Well that match was just embarrassing #oafc #awaydays

There are a selection of tweets from fans that went to the game.

Not a dig at out away support in any way (utmost respect to any mad bastard who travelled down)... Sunderland took 2500 to Southampton today, completely different set of circumstances but that's pretty impressive. As for that shower of :censored:, can't even be arsed posting. Good journey home to those that travelled.

Here you go Harry....PD kinda helps you out.

Dickov said: "We started well and got the goal, but then we got done by a penalty and a quick break. Up until that point we had coped with them quite well.

"At half-time we told the players to tighten up a bit defensively and we were confident we could get something out of the game. We had chances and balls cleared off the line, but with one break we found ourselves 3-1 down.

"We were looking to score the equaliser and try and get back in the game but one slip has let them in.

"We've been beaten 4-1 but I think we should have taken something out of the game. It's a strange one, but the goals we conceded were really poor.

"I think we had plenty of chances to win the game, but defensively when you are putting all of the pressure on, you need to think the worst. We didn't do that on four occasions and paid for it."

Here you go Harry....PD kinda helps you out.

Dickov said: "We started well and got the goal, but then we got done by a penalty and a quick break. Up until that point we had coped with them quite well.

"At half-time we told the players to tighten up a bit defensively and we were confident we could get something out of the game. We had chances and balls cleared off the line, but with one break we found ourselves 3-1 down.

"We were looking to score the equaliser and try and get back in the game but one slip has let them in.

"We've been beaten 4-1 but I think we should have taken something out of the game. It's a strange one, but the goals we conceded were really poor.

"I think we had plenty of chances to win the game, but defensively when you are putting all of the pressure on, you need to think the worst. We didn't do that on four occasions and paid for it."

and that's why we are where we are, it's all very well being on top in games but if you lack application in both penalty areas you're going to struggle

From Sky pictures just now:

Simpson sending off looks very harsh. Foot stays down and focused on the ball. Keeper and defenders react badly and ref responds. Worth an appeal.

Fourth goal was :censored: from Bouzanis.

Third looks like a breakaway from them.

Second was a failure to close down Williams.

First was :censored: defending leading to a foul.

Baxter header was decent.

I'll do it in order next time.

Just back from the game as I live in Plymouth. It wasn't a 4-1 mauling but we didn't deserve to win the game.

Midfield in general was poor you wouldn't have know furman was on the pitch.

Smith won lots of headers but playing the system we do there was no one alongside him to take advantage of them.

Defensively very poor why M'voto needs to go to ground and dive in when he should have stayed on his feet and shown the attacker outside and away from goal to be fair the lad went over M'voto but by diving in the attackers mind was made up and he knew he could win the pen.

Baxter once again showed he his so much better than anyone on the pitch and tried to keep the team going pushing forward and connect play but even he had a off day with exception of his very good header and a long range effort when it was 2-1 that the whole ground thought was heading for the top corner until their keeper tipped it round the post.

Simpson shouldn't have been sent he went in earlier on 50/50 through ball with the keeper that he won and the ball was subsequently cleared off the line, the keeper got hurt that time but knew he lost out and I think he thought right here we go again I am going to get you sent off this time as it was exactly the same incident as the first 50/50 through ball Simpson got there first but this time their keeper was rolling around their defenders screamed at the ref and started pushing Simpson the ref bottled it thought i gave you the benefit of the doubt last time and sent him off.

Their last 2 goals was when we was chasing the game and although could and may have avoided bad pass in midfield from Furman have away possession and then within 5 secs the ball is in our net. The 4th I think Byrne tried to pass back to Deano but underhit it Deano slipped whilst trying to clear and the ball was in the net again.

All in all another defeat and some very poor performances by too many of the starting XI.

It was an insipid performance. One nil up after the first attack, then we showed no inclination to add another. Yeovil were shocked by the early gaol but with the benefit of the breeze in their favour they gradually came back into it, retaining possession and dominating for long periods. The goal was inevitable and I had no complaints about the award. The second goal was a cracking shot from 35 yards - goalkeeper had no chance.

Second half with the wind at our backs, we came into it more and had a 15 minute spell when we kept possession and could have scored with a bit more luck. Yeovil weathered the storm and came back with an excellent through ball to put their man through with just the goalie to beat. The fourth was a comedy of errors which would have disgraced a school team. A poor knock back by Byrne (?). Bouzanis got there first but fluffed his kick leaving their forward an open goal.

Yeovil could easily have added 3 or 4 more. By that time we had become desperate and were throwing the ball forward without any direction and losing possession every time.

There was no-one who came out of the game with any credit although Furman tried hard all game. The weak players were Montano who I didn’t notice contributing anything, Wabera who constantly got caught out of position, both centre backs don’t read the game well and get caught out by sneaky runs from midfield and Simpson’s stupid challenge got what it deserved. He was always second favourite for the ball and he had just done the same thing a few minutes earlier and got away with it. This time the ref had no option.

Yeovil weren’t a decent side by any means but they beat us pretty easily in the end. Relegation looms!

Only just got back from Yeovil and there wasn't 95 10 where exeter fans lol. Today we had some good patches in the game but far to much our midfield got over ran and you could sense the goal was coming. We did not rarely attack first and yet again Montano took off at half time he was dreadful again. He is not fit to grace the same pitch as Baxter. Second half things improved they hit us on the break when we was pushing. Mchangy wasn't bad. As for simpson sending off he did the same thing 10 mins before and could of gone then so he was asking to go the second. Yet again we play Mvoto upfront when we still had another sub left, leaving Dan Taylor on the bench what can he do

1st goal for them looked like a dive but M'Voto has lunged far too many times this season. Very clumsy.

2nd goal, though it was a great strike, Wes was pitiful in his challenge, so weak and futile he should be embarassed.

3rd goal looked as though M'Voto was out of position or he was guilty of being lured in by the midfielder and neither Byrne or Grounds covered him. Wes and Furman are meant to stop that sort of run by midfielders though. Could have been a counter and both were forward though so won't pass full blame onto them.

4th goal, well what more can you say other than shambolic. Is that the 4th back-pass resulting in a goal this season? Don't know what Dickov can do about that, players need to buck their ideas up.

Simpson red, arguments for and against. Lunged in hard with foot off the floor, doubt it will be overturned if we appealed. Considering I'm young my view will be different to most other people's views as I've been swayed by today's health and safety first refereeing.

Oh yeah, Baxter's goal. Fantastic header, what else would we expect of him. Unfortunate that both the scorer and provider will be probably be gone by January.

Leaves lots of questions to be answered.

Edited by NewBlue

Didn't take long to get back to Brizzle but, if I'd posted last night, it would have been in anger and probably not a balanced view. Now I've had a think, we didn't deserve to win, but didn't deserve a 1-4 either.

Terrific start with Baxter's header and it showed what we can do if we plant crosses in the box. Believe it or not, Torres' goal for Chelsea today was almost a carbon copy. Trouble was that, after that, we were second to almost every ball. It could have been a different story if Montano's belter hadn't just cleared the bar, because you'd have backed us at 2-0.

I'm fairly convinced that there was no contact for their pen, but as soon as a defender goes to ground, it doesn't take much for the attacker to go down, contact or not. I think the Yeovil player bought it and Furball's reaction to him pretty much backed that up. Whereas players normally surround the ref to dispute a decision, DF went straight to the player to give him his considered view. Very strongly.

Their second was a "worldy" in truth. Granted, he should have been stopped long before he got into a shooting position (he set off from the half way line), but it was a terrific strike and gave Bouzy no chance. It could have been 2-2 at half time as Smith was unlucky with a header that was scrambled away but, in fairness, Yeovil zipped it around better and quicker than we did. They found space better too.

We put a fair bit of pressure on them in the second half, but the killer instinct wasn't quite there, even though we should have scored with a bit more composure. Because we were attacking more, we were always likely to get caught on the counter and exactly what happened with their third. One pass and the lad was away. No one was going to catch him and Bouzy never had a chance.

The fourth was just pure comedy, perfect for the pantomime season. A poor back pass left Bouzy in no man's land outside his area, he slipped, missed the ball completely and their lad said "Thanks very much".

We looked a better side IMO when we had Simpson up front with Smith and Baxter dropping deeper in place of Wes, but had no threat from the left. M'changama ain't a winger so we didn't get the crosses in. Croft whipped a few in from the right and there was some neat interchanges between him and Wabara without really producing anything.

Simmo's red card? Not for me. It was identical to a challenge he made a few minutes earlier and the ref did nothing. In my view, Simmo was entitled to go for it and, when your stretching flat out for the ball, you can't just stop dead. Your momentum carries you on, especially on a greasy pitch. If the ref didn't deem the first challenge as even a foul, then neither was the second one. At the very worst, it was a yellow.

All in all, we weren't good enough except in patches. At odd times we showed we can pass it around and look a decent side. Sadly, it was only in odd patches. The rest of the time we were second to practically everything. Decent with the ball, poor without it. We should be better than that.

Dickov out? Not so sure. OK, from firmly being in the "Dickov in" camp, I really can't make my mind up now. We've proved that we can match, and beat, the better teams in this division, so something is not quite right and I don't think any of us can put our finger on the cause. Before Matt Derbyshire went back to Forest, he was praising PD's man management skills and said that, if and when he becomes a manager, he would base himself on PD. Somehow, I don't think that was lip service.

I think, if I have to decide one way or t'other, PD has to stay for now. The window opens soon and we need to wait and see what happens. Who knows, we might see one or two on their way out and a new face or two coming in. The one thing that PD has proved, is that he can persuade players to come to BP that we wouldn't have thought possible. If he can do it again, he has to get the best out of them.

Especially if we lose Jose Baxter Baby.

Also, a big shout out to those who came up from Exeter to give their support.

Edited by Bristolatic

Could be wrong, but I think Preston Knob End were 8th when we dicked them at BP.

The one quality league performance of the season... The fact people still talk about it and even the Notts County performance from a couple of years back shows just how infrequent they are.. I just don't think we've proved anything.. In all honesty , our recent decent run was against probably the worse teams in the division. We've been alright on occasions but more often than not we've been poor.