The way forward

The way forward  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Dickov Gone tonight?

• Yes definately
    • No, Give him til the forest game, and reassess then
    • No keep him, he can turn this round
    • No keep him, but a restructure of his backroom is needed, ie get a mentor/technical director etc

Just a thought, most people tonight think he should go, but how many of you would change your mind if we were to employ a technical director or someone to help dickov out like I presumed Royle was going to do when Dickov was appointed.

Edited by philliggi

What exactly is the role of this technical director? It's an extra wage, and not a cheap one, but who makes the decisions? On our budget we need the right manager, not two men splitting one job between them. We don't have enough budget for transfers to need someone to focus on that, and if it's coaching and man management then we need to look at the manager, assistant and coaching staff. I'm really wary about what exactly a technical director is supposed to bring that the manager shouldn't already be capable of.

I went for "give him until Forest" but in truth even if we lose the next 2 I'd give him the Brentford game too. That's Baxter's last game so we'll know for sure what his situation is by then and 12 days will give Dickov enough time to bring in someone (at least in the short-term) to make a difference for us. Also it gives the next manager time to make changes before January 31st.

That said, as much as I like the guy, I can't say I'd be disappointed if he was gone before Scunthorpe.

What exactly is the role of this technical director? It's an extra wage, and not a cheap one, but who makes the decisions? On our budget we need the right manager, not two men splitting one job between them. We don't have enough budget for transfers to need someone to focus on that, and if it's coaching and man management then we need to look at the manager, assistant and coaching staff. I'm really wary about what exactly a technical director is supposed to bring that the manager shouldn't already be capable of.

We could get in a "Global Adviser" instead? It's worked for Blackburn.

We re all fans, passionate about our club , so everyone is frustrated with the product on the pitch, rightly so, and it's dickovs fault.

However if (surely when) he goes, I'll genuinely thank him for his efforts, his passion for the club and us as supporters, our trip to anfield, our flirt with wembley , for getting players like Jose and Derbyshire here, for some of the performances, hudds , Hartlepool and notts co from his first season , Preston this , and last but not least for the card he signed to me at the request of my wife for my birthday , nice guy, great career as a player , and will possibly make a good manager, Christ he will have learned the hard way !!

Latics is far from an easy job, esp for a rookie manager , it needs someone who can take a pile of steaming :censored: , lovingly polish it, and work a miracle.

Applications please !

if we keep Baxter, Dickov will stay too. If Baxter gets a better offer then Dickov will be on his bike.

if Jose stays then his quality should see us safe from relegation, but with this squad, Dickov should be looking up not down. Unless something unlikely happens, we'll almost certainly have a new manager at the start of next season.

if we keep Baxter, Dickov will stay too. If Baxter gets a better offer then Dickov will be on his bike.

if Jose stays then his quality should see us safe from relegation, but with this squad, Dickov should be looking up not down. Unless something unlikely happens, we'll almost certainly have a new manager at the start of next season.

Perhaps Corney's master plan is to get Dickov to sign up Baxter and friends then bring in a manager who can get them to play as a team.

That sounds so weird it's probably true.

Not a lot else makes sense at the moment

We've got players who have lost their spark, and others who never had it and never will

The way forward is to relieve this ' nice guy ' of his duties. You get no points for being nice and we're getting dragged back into a relegation scrap with a bunch of players who can't scrap!

Seven home defeats before the turn of the year is unacceptable, I challenge any of the Dickov supporters to defend that stat.

I'm tired of the " we've been unlucky " comments too, how long can we allow this to carry on?

I'm sorry PD, thanks for your effort, but time to go.

It's a big NO from me on the technical director front. Just as Crusoe points out; i'm actually not sure what the role encompasses? I've certainly not got an example i can think of where it has 'worked'.

We dont need a technical director or mentor in. We need a manager in who doesnt need either of those in the first place.

As ive posted 5mins ago on another thread - how long do you give a manager when its so blatantly clear he doesnt have it in him? I actually think we as a group of fans and certainly Corney have been extremely patient with him. His record is poor, this season has been poor; and 4 straight losses; 3 of those at home has seen other managers at other sides sacked.

IMO he should resign. Its the honourable thing to do, as he'd wouldnt have a 'sacked' on his CV and we as a club wouldnt have to stump up the finances to cover a pay-off, further weakening the club.

But he wont do. For me, the question is now, how much longer does Corney leave it before he acts? I dont think he can afford to leave it much longer. We're in a relegation scrap at the start of the new year; with a man in charge who has shown he isnt capable of getting us out of it. Leave it any longer and League 2 beckons.

It's a big NO from me on the technical director front. Just as Crusoe points out; i'm actually not sure what the role encompasses? I've certainly not got an example i can think of where it has 'worked'.

We dont need a technical director or mentor in. We need a manager in who doesnt need either of those in the first place.

As ive posted 5mins ago on another thread - how long do you give a manager when its so blatantly clear he doesnt have it in him? I actually think we as a group of fans and certainly Corney have been extremely patient with him. His record is poor, this season has been poor; and 4 straight losses; 3 of those at home has seen other managers at other sides sacked.

IMO he should resign. Its the honourable thing to do, as he'd wouldnt have a 'sacked' on his CV and we as a club wouldnt have to stump up the finances to cover a pay-off, further weakening the club.

But he wont do. For me, the question is now, how much longer does Corney leave it before he acts? I dont think he can afford to leave it much longer. We're in a relegation scrap at the start of the new year; with a man in charge who has shown he isnt capable of getting us out of it. Leave it any longer and League 2 beckons.