Worth a look

Was quite impressed with Chester's 20yo attacking midfielder Antoni Sarcevic at Droylsden yesterday.

A strong running six footer, with pace off the mark he looks to have the ability to go much higher, but I would need to see him against stronger opposition again before really making up my mind.

I assume Latics know all about him as he was a youth team player at Manchester City.

I would be interested to know if other Latics fans have seen him and can give their opinion.

Incidentally, a nice hat trick from the hard working and skilful young Droylsden striker James Ellison, a former Liverpool youth team star who escaped serious injury a couple of years ago after being knifed in the back during a night club incident.

Good to see the lad overcome such trauma.

Edited by BP1960

Was quite impressed with Chester's 20yo attacking midfielder Antoni Sarcevic at Droylsden yesterday.

A strong running six footer, with pace off the mark he looks to have the ability to go much higher, but I would need to see him against stronger opposition to again before really making up my mind.

I assume Latics know all about him as he was a youth team player at Manchester City.

I would be interested to know if other Latics fans have seen him and give their opinion.

Incidentally, a nice hat trick from the hard working and skilful young Droylsden striker James Ellison, a former Liverpool youth team star who escaped serious injury a couple of years ago after being knifed in the back during a night club incident.

Good to see the lad overcome such trauma.

I can only assume that Latics scouting network is fully up to speed on every local club... just in case, it might be a good idea to drop PD an email with your thoughts - it would be interesting to hear if you get a response...

Edited by TheBigDog

I can only assume that Latics scouting network is fully up to speed on every local club... just in case, it might be a good idea fo drop PD an email with your thoughts - it would be interesting to hear if you get a response...

Will do Big Dog.

I put the club onto Jack Redshaw when I saw him play for Citeh's reserves. He was a little dot compared to all the other players; but he didn't let his size hinder him and scored 4 goals that game I watched.

Club (Alan Hardy) emailed back to say thanks, and that they were already aware of him.

Citeh released him, and I belive Steve Eyre picked him up for 'Dale. Coleman has since released him, and he's now at Morecombe with Haining, McDonland & Lewis Alice.

I think Paul Butler, the scout variety; not Mr Clipboard, has kept his job and is continuing to run our scouting network. I'm sure he'll be aware of any local talent; but I'd say it'd be better to safe than sorry and to drop an email or put a call in to the club if a non-league player really jumps out at you - they might have slipped through the net and who knows eh?

I liked Redshaw too Sly.

If anyone is a Latics player subsciber they can sign in and see a few goals from Sarcevic, he's number 8 and can certainly strike a ball;

http://www.player.ch...Harrogate-goals (10 secs into video}

http://www.player.ch...-Cup-Highlights (6 mins into video)

http://www.player.ch...2-Aston-Villa-1 (1 min 18 into video)

Edited by BP1960