Season tickets next year £200+vat including a free shirt

It would seem someone has put a Dean Furman interview up two weeks before they should of. As they talk about the Notts Forrest game in past tense (2 weeks ago) and tell us how much season tickets are going to be.

Target 5000? Season tickets next year £200+vat including a free shirt!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem someone has put a Dean Furman interview up two weeks before they should of. As they talk about the Notts Forrest game in past tense (2 weeks ago) and tell us how much season tickets are going to be.

If they were talking about the Forest game in past tense, what was the result so I can get a bet on?

Edited by BP1960

I don't know whether you're joking but taking the proposal seriously, if we had an idea like that I doubt it would rake in 5000 home fans.

If tickets were £232.50 or even around that price it's not significant enough drop to persuade fans to get tickets to watch the current football supplied.

Free shirt would be irrelevant to most as the majority of adult ST holders (I'm estimating) don't have a shirt anyway and probably wouldn't be bothered about getting one, either.

To get fans back we need to make a big reduction in prices. Like £150 or less for a ST. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until the product on the pitch gets better then make an incentive like this again when people see that there are lots of goals and wins for us at BP.

Edited by NewBlue

Assuming they're on sale in April, and the price is £240, saving up £15 a week makes it affordable.

A lot of instances where fans don't renew their ST I don't think it's necessarily affordability, it's more value for money.

What difference is £60 going to make without a change in fortunes or performance levels or entertainment?

I wonder if this has been released "by accident" away from the official site to gauge reaction?

If not, and this is the big ST news, it's a little underwhelming unless there are plans in the parliamentary budget to allow the reclaim of VAT on lower league football tickets!

Edited by JohnnyPimp

It's great offer and a substantial saving. Of course it won't be enough for some that would moan that the sun is too hot/ gaseous/ faraway but great that the club continues to try. No mention of juniors but I'd quite happily give some of the saving back to a Latics For Life type scheme if one is running.

I can see it on the iPhone app but can't play it as I'm not willing to give PTV, or whatever it is they're called now, my money.

How professional it makes Latics look, as usual.

And £240 for a season ticket is decent but really nothing remarkable.

I can see it on the iPhone app but can't play it as I'm not willing to give PTV, or whatever it is they're called now, my money.

How professional it makes Latics look, as usual.

And £240 for a season ticket is decent but really nothing remarkable.

I agree with you there. It's not a substantial enough discount to induce fans to return. Probably going to lose the club money if anything and make ST sales stagnate or even maintain the current trend of sales dropping.

Edited by NewBlue

Not seen the interview but if he's talking about the game in past tense, how'd we get on?