Season tickets next year £200+vat including a free shirt

Lets hope there is more info as this ain't nothing exciting or special

Regarding the 'unedited' video that was leaked: "(it) does not include all the details of the club's initiative."

Something more to add, hope it's not the £5 Bury & Rochdale 'perk'!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it on the iPhone app but can't play it as I'm not willing to give PTV, or whatever it is they're called now, my money.

How professional it makes Latics look, as usual.

And £240 for a season ticket is decent but really nothing remarkable.

I think it's a bloody decent deal myself Stevie, I currently pay £300+ and would never buy a shirt but would definately consider wearing one if it was part of the deal!

I think it's a bloody decent deal myself Stevie, I currently pay £300+ and would never buy a shirt but would definately consider wearing one if it was part of the deal!

That's the point. It's a great deal for you but you already buy a season ticket. The idea is surely to attract new custom and this, in my opinion, won't do a lot on that front.

That's the point. It's a great deal for you but you already buy a season ticket. The idea is surely to attract new custom and this, in my opinion, won't do a lot on that front.

It's an even better deal for me because i'd blindly renew my season ticket and buy a shirt anyway, regardless of how :censored: we become. Well done Latics :applause1: .

ALLEDGED proposed cost per season ticket inclusive of VAT = £240

23 home games per season therefore cost of each game obviously attending all home games equates to less than £10.50 per game

PLUS free shirt

PLUS other incentives to be anounced

Sounds like a good deal to me

Admittedly this is all pure speculation on our part but if there is any true in it congratulations to the Club in trying to keep a professional football club in Oldham

Free shirt I bought this years for the first time in ages on the assumption that it was going to last into next season too. If it doesnt it will annoy a lot of fans- I'm likely to get a new ST any way and even more so at that price

In all honesty why is one of our players informed of this sort of thing in advance. Club captain or not the list of people who know about the offer at this stage shouldn't be very long and it shouldn't include any of the playing/coaching staff. Is it Gordon's easily recognisable dolcet tones doing the interview? As the interviewer is quite likely to be in trouble and it would be a shame for Gordon. Since he has been a long-serving servant of the club for ages for this to be included in his Latics cv.

Edited by rudemedic

I would guess they are hoping Furman has a good AfCup and some publiciy around that which gets a bigger media profile around the interview when it is released. They might even have done multiple versions of it for when they finalised the deal. In any case, they are still trying. I wouldn't be surprised if the official announcement is better than this...

Anyone cynical enough to think perhaps the leak was deliberate to gauge reaction?

I thought the same at first but its not really that exciting we will still be paying £199.99 too much if the atmosphere and facilities are the same as they are now.

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Season ticket holder for many years....have to say I only just got one this year. At the moment (and I appreciate more may come) I'm a little underwhelmed. I don't really bother with shirts too much these days so that's not really an incentive and the discount isn't huge.

If that had been this season, and I'd paid the quoted amount, I'd still be disappointed with the money I'd spent to watch the boring nonsense served up so far this year.

The people who are most likely to be swayed by this deal are those who go regularly on a Saturday but can't make mid-week games. As the ST is only the equivalent of 12 games.

If the OAP price reflects the full adult price then I can see my Dad getting one too and he has been thinking about not getting a ST because he misses a few games every year.

The people who are most likely to be swayed by this deal are those who go regularly on a Saturday but can't make mid-week games. As the ST is only the equivalent of 12 games.

If the OAP price reflects the full adult price then I can see my Dad getting one too and he has been thinking about not getting a ST because he misses a few games every year.

I think you're also underestimating the possible catchment. I'll go to a fair number of away games per season, maybe five or six at home. For an extra £100 on top of the 'usual' £100 an extra 18 games is an incentive. I'm not saying I'd do it, but I'd be tempted. I do think the plus VAT thing is a bit of a disincentive though, flat £200 is tempting, psychologically £240 may be the straw to effectively make it a discount rather than an offer (if that makes sense).

It would be interesting to know how many adult season tickets were sold this season, and how many actually attend each game. There have been plenty of empty ST seats around me for the past 5/6 games.

Not knowing what the other incentives are I cannot comment on the price,,but they would have to be pretty impressive to sell 5000

An OAP can get in for £10 per game, so it would be pointless them buying a ST.

... I do think the plus VAT thing is a bit of a disincentive though, flat £200 is tempting, ...

£240 is a reduction of about 27%. It highlights the big chunk the Government takes, or you could see it that you're being given a shirt equivalent to the Government's chunk, bringing the real cost to £200.

It's that sort of twisted logic that helps me keep the Faith. :D