Liverpool...possible TV game ?

Massive, so if it is LIve on TV we would have made £247,500 from prize money and TV + gate receipts from the 4 games in the FA Cup which is very welcome especially as it is all unbudgeted income for a club that is on its' arse.

Perhaps the first thing we could buy, is a pot to piss in…..

Massive, so if it is LIve on TV we would have made £247,500 from prize money and TV + gate receipts from the 4 games in the FA Cup which is very welcome especially as it is all unbudgeted income for a club that is on its' arse.

Perhaps the first thing we could buy, is a pot to piss in…..

Also if Latics win it's an extra £90,000 in prize money

If they draw it's another big payout from the Anfield replay

and if they win at Anfield all the proceeds plus gate receipts from the next round match

and if they win that.........

I've worked out the match will be on the Saturday or Sunday, the reason is Latics are away to Notts County the previous Tuesday, this should rule out Friday night, and Liverpool are away at Arsenal on the following Wednesday, ruling out a Monday night match.

In which case I reckon ITV must be favourites to televise the game as it fits into their routine.

This is assuming they don't plump for Manchester United/Manchester City/Chelsea or Arsenal - no matter who they play.

Could someone please post a Poll asking if televising the game would stop you wanting a ticket?

If it's on TV and goes to an open sale after season tickets (ie. no promotion linked to Brentford etc) and Liverpool have most/all of the RRE (reducing the number of available tickets to a few thousand as I imagine players, officials etc will get a big ticket allocation), I'd probably just go to the pub. Could watch it with mates I sit with at matches, not have to queue for hours, and avoid BP. Happy days.

I've worked out the match will be on the Saturday or Sunday, the reason is Latics are away to Notts County the previous Tuesday, this should rule out Friday night, and Liverpool are away at Arsenal on the following Wednesday, ruling out a Monday night match.

In which case I reckon ITV must be favourites to televise the game as it fits into their routine.

This is assuming they don't plump for Manchester United/Manchester City/Chelsea or Arsenal - no matter who they play.

They don't televise cup games on a Friday night, so that rules out Friday. And like you said, Liverpool have a league game on the Wednesday after it, so it won't be Monday night.

In the FA Cup, United are on ITV no matter who they play. If they are in the competition, ITV pick them without fail. But if there are 5 games on TV, there is no way we won't be selected for one of the remaining 4.

As all on here state, we are an attractive tie in terms of potential TV but I don't think that we can say its a nailed on certainty.

There are other 'romantic' ties on the table to pick from where there is a lower divisision playing a higher placed team at home.

Leeds/Birmingham v Chelsea

Palace v Man City

Brighton vs Arsenal/Swansea (and I don't think that the fact they have been on once changes it)

Millwall v Villa;

Macclesfield v Wigan

There are 5 ties there, so if that is the limit with a non-Latics biased viewpoint you could make a case for all of them getting it ahead of us.

Then there is any game with a non-league team in it still - TV likes nothing more than to do the old Milkman v International thing.

Then there are the all Premier affairs - which for ITV is a chance to pretend they have the Premiership for a day (though the fact they have the CL makes this less so - the BBC were guiltly of falling into this trap when had hardly any football, Live or Highlights).

The replays / remaining ties will effect the attractiveness of the games (Macc v Bournemouth less attractive than Wigan) so whether they will announce all the TV games before then will be interesting. Would this leave it too late, therefore does that reduce the appeal of these ties to the TV people?

I'd say we are 75% likely to get a game on TV. If so, I'd like Saturday lunctime - feels like the least disruptive to the normal schedule.

Brighton had a decent home win but I doubt they'll be on again in the round afterwards...

They'll pick the games BEFORE the replays....anything other could end up leaving clubs with little arrangement times.

You're wrongly assuming that the TV companies give a monkeys about the clubs and match going supporters - easy mistake to make!

You're wrongly assuming that the TV companies give a monkeys about the clubs and match going supporters - easy mistake to make!

I'm fairly certainly tommorow,we'll know the full list of TV games. They may gamble on the results of the replays, but the actual tv fixture will be in place.