Can we beat Liverpool and progress?

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you THINK will the result?

• Oldham WIN
    • Liverpool WIN
    • Draw to take it back to anfield
  2. 2. What do you HOPE the result will be?

• Oldham WIN
    • Liverpool WIN
    • Draw to take it back to anfield

Now details are out, do you reckon we have a chance against Liverpool? Given they are playing Arsenal away on the Wednesday I can see them resting a fair few first teamers and I think they will play a similar squad as they did against Mansfield. Last years squad against us was strong but I cant see them playing the likes or suarez, gerrard, skrtel, agger, Johnson, sterling etc against us, perhaps a place on the bench.

Edited by ZiggaZaggaAthletic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool will be playing with Brendan Rodgers revolutionary tactic of 'passing the ball a lot', and with world class players such as Joe Allen, Jonjo Shelvey and Stewart Downing playing in this system I don't see how we've got any chance whatsoever.

I have belief for this one.

A lot hinges on Jose Baxter's presence, though. If he's here then I give us a very good chance. If he's not then that chance reduces significantly.

Hopefully the weather will play its part to make it freezing and wet and windy; a typical BP game and we can play our part to make it as hostile as possible, too.

Get in there faces and there's no reason we can't.

Edited by NewBlue

Say we did draw and take it back to anfield, obviously being a Tuesday/Wednesday night game, would EPSN broadcast us live do you think?, meaning more money through tv rights?

I think replays get about half the TV money (might have changed). They'll usually show two replays. So it depends which games are drawn.

Liverpool fan I know says if they don't start with Suarez and Gerrard then we have a great chance.

Its possible Gerrard may play as he did last season, they may remember he was very influential....thank goodness no Craig Bellamy this time though.

The one I fear is Sturridge with his pace. Shelvey is another I am concerned about with his surging runs from midfield.

Edited by BP1960

Common sense tells me its nothing other than a Liverpool win

However common sense says that we should have been beaten by Nottingham Forrest and thats why I didn't go.

Common sense says we should have beaten Chesterfiled and won the JPT last season.

Common sense says Everton should have beaten us in 2008.

Common sense says Man City should have beaten us in 2005

Common sense says that we should by now have a nice modern stadium after years of "ambitious plans"

Common sense says that we should have gone bust in 2003

Common sense says we should have gone down in 92-92

Common sense says that Andy Ritchie should not have destroyed the Arsenals legendary back 4 in 1989

and Common sense says that at 2-0 down 5 minutes into the 2nd half we shouldn't have beaten Sheffield Wednesday in 1991 to win the league title.

Oldham Athletic doesn't do common sense

I love this club

Common sense tells me its nothing other than a Liverpool win

However common sense says that we should have been beaten by Nottingham Forrest and thats why I didn't go.

Common sense says we should have beaten Chesterfiled and won the JPT last season.

Common sense says Everton should have beaten us in 2008.

Common sense says Man City should have beaten us in 2005

Common sense says that we should by now have a nice modern stadium after years of "ambitious plans"

Common sense says that we should have gone bust in 2003

Common sense says we should have gone down in 92-92

Common sense says that Andy Ritchie should not have destroyed the Arsenals legendary back 4 in 1989

and Common sense says that at 2-0 down 5 minutes into the 2nd half we shouldn't have beaten Sheffield Wednesday in 1991 to win the league title.

Oldham Athletic doesn't do common sense

To be continued?