Chron: This can’t go on any longer

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickov to wait until after Liverpool game to decide on having a No. 2.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/77103/bring-it-on

His hands might be tied and we may well be waiting until after the Liverpool game to see who's number 1. Not saying the result will make or break him but as a 'Dickov outer' (to the point where it's gone beyond being worthy of debate IMO) there's probably little point getting rid before the Liverpool game.

Not like you to get carried away.

Not like you to think you're funny, I post under one name….

Tbh I wasn't going to bite, but you've been sniping away at me under you various guises for months, whether it be here or on Twitter. I'm not sure what your problem is, tbh I couldn't give a shiny :censored: what your problem is. I'll continue to post and say what I think and if you don't like it ban me, after-all it's your site or you're bezzie mates with the mods and administrators.

Edited by oafcprozac

from selling Jose Baxter t-shirts

Slightly off topic but where are the Baxter t-shirts? I'd have one, he's a legend!

We should also be flogging replica shirts with complementary "Baxter 20" on the back. There was a lot of good feeling at the news of his signing which we should be capitalising on, especially in the run up to the Liverpool game. Should've been offering them to the people queueing for tickets (along with bacon butties!).

Not like you to think you're funny, I post under one name….

Tbh I wasn't going to bite, but you've been sniping away at me under you various guises for months, whether it be here or on Twitter. I'm not sure what your problem is, tbh I couldn't give a shiny :censored: what your problem is. I'll continue to post and say what I think and if you don't like it ban me, after-all it's your site or you're bezzie mates with the mods and administrators.

I have no idea who you are or what you're dribbling about.

Agree totally. No-one on here (other than probably Barry) really knows anything with regards to budgets, individual player renumeration, upkeep of the ground and general club running costs. No-one has any idea how much revenue we are able to generate from commercial activities, from selling Jose Baxter t-shirts or the pennies from click throughs from the website. We know that there isn't too much money that comes through the turnstile anymore but that's about it. I take pretty much anything stated as fact on here with very large pinch of salt.

You did that wrong. It's FACT, not fact :tongue1:

Slightly off topic but where are the Baxter t-shirts? I'd have one, he's a legend!

We should also be flogging replica shirts with complementary "Baxter 20" on the back. There was a lot of good feeling at the news of his signing which we should be capitalising on, especially in the run up to the Liverpool game. Should've been offering them to the people queueing for tickets (along with bacon butties!).

Club shop.

£9.99

"Jose Bater Baby" with image and hard owl badge.

I notice lots of praise on here for Chambers making a stand but he's fairly wide of the mark.

'The current squad isn’t strong enough, mentally or physically, to get out of this mess.' - think the consensus is that the squad is more than good enough to be mid table but have underperformed. It's the combination of squad and manager that isn't strong enough.

'back him with cash for better players' - better players might give the side a short-term boost but would soon be underperforming to the levels of the current squad due to the environment created by the manager.

'No captain, Dean Furman, due to his involvement at the African Cup of Nations. No vice-captain, James Wesolowski, due to his crazy dismissal at Scunthorpe and three-game ban. No Cristian Montano (injured), no Matt Derbyshire (back with Nottingham Forest)' - if you're going to have a rant along the lines of 'stop this rot' you have to stick to factors the club can control. Chambers has just stuck his team news paragraph up here and used it as ammunition. And I'm fairly sure the side had a captain and vice-captain for this game, just not the regular ones.

I suppose we should be grateful that someone with a voice has lost patience, but there's nothing here about tactics, motivation, mental resolve - things long identified as being missing from the side.