IF we went down

If we go down, we'll do a Stockport, Luton, Grimsby etc... imo and struggle further as crowds will drop further, budgets will be further cut too. It doesn't bear thinking about. Mr Corney has a very important couple of weeks in deciding which direction he wants this club to go in. At the moment that we're only going one way.

There's a lot of ifs and buts but if we went down and had a good season (not really unachievable) and got promoted it might bring some kind of feel good factor back. I don't think it's the division that we're in that's keeping people away, it's the monotony of never ending league 1 football.

Away following's probably as bad as I can remember it (bar the odd game) and crowds are lowest than they've been in most of our lifetimes. A successful league 2 team would be a more attractive proposition than a stagnant league 1 team.

I don't want us time go down because nothing's set in stone but if we were guaranteed a play-off final the following season I'd take it. To be honest, to say we all support the most boring club in the league, we're doing ok to get what we get. The people who have a go at the stayaways make me laugh, I completely understand why people don't bother at the moment. It's so dull.

18 months ago I hated them with a passion, I saw them as holding the club back. But tbh I don't blame them one jot - we must need our heads testing for going week after week. Hell i'm even braving these temperatures tonight for the second time in 3 days in the unlikely hope we'll get summat. But the thing that drives me is that we were in similar situations going to Pompey and Crewe and got the win. Yet again PD imo is a game or two away from the sack so it'll be nailed on we get a result tonight….

Haven't you heard, we've signed Jose Baxter on a 2 and half year deal ;)

we also have cliff byrne in the team

no right winger (croft is on loan)

a former non league striker who isnt good enough for league football

No left winger cause Montano is crocked

we have had no CM for a few the backups and indeed the 1st choice have been dire all season

Baxter is probably the best footballer ive seen here - but he cant do it on his own - although it looks like hes going to have to. I doubt he will be here next season anyway but if we go down there is 0 chance

If people genuinely feel it will be the end of the club if we go down, we might as well all just give up now. If we are not a big enough club to survive in L2 what right do we have to survive in L1? It won't last forever, if we cant survive L2 we WILL eventually get relegated from L1, so would start preparing for the worst.

if we go down , maybe we would bounce back maybe we wouldnt.

it could be a good thing in the long run, it could be the worse thing that could happen to the club

the only thing that is for sure.................we cant AFFORD to take the chance.

if we cant move up a division we have to do everything we can to stay in this one and if that means another change of manager to achieve that then so be it.

You know your in the :censored: when someone puts up an "if we go down" thread and the happy clappers rationally debate it rather than calling him a negative mug.

incidentally, do happy clappers exist anymore?

It wasnt meant as a negative post haha.

Im not normally negative but cant help but be just that at the minute.

Just think its a topic worth discussing and people clearly have different opinions.

It wasnt meant as a negative post haha.

Im not normally negative but cant help but be just that at the minute.

Just think its a topic worth discussing and people clearly have different opinions.

the difference between now and years gone by though is that even the most staunch fans amongst us seem resigned to relegation, so i agree its a valid point of discussion. its like everyone has lost all fight. strange really when we are still 4 points clear in january