Cheer, don't jeer. Why we weren't supposed to boo Suarez...

As I heard it the word is a hispanic one, common in South America, which has skin colour connotations but is not meant to be offensive.

Maybe it isn't meant to be offensive when said to a friend. But said to someone in the middle of a heated argument? I'm not so sure.

As I heard it the word is a hispanic one, common in South America, which has skin colour connotations but is not meant to be offensive.

For instance, apparently Pacheco calls Glen Johnson the same word and they are mates.

Maybe it isn't meant to be offensive when said to a friend. But said to someone in the middle of a heated argument? I'm not so sure.

Jonesy puts it there for me. I can't believe he has been playing in Northern Europe for years and calling black players, "Little Nigger," all the time as a nickname. He did it when Evra and him were kicking each other and Evra suggested munching his sister's furnace of desire. I will set aside my expertise in Latin American language to speculate that they word can mean different things at different times, but I'm pretty sure at that time it didn't mean, "Thank you for kicking me, now please come around and shag my sister, my dark skinned amigo."

Didnt boo him, he is a racist and Ill boo racists - but not at a game vs latics. He often thrives on negativity and loves being the pantomime villain. I didnt want to arm him, I was there for latics.

As for the Ghana incident... I'd have done the same. If Baxter/ Smith or any other player does vs Everton meaning we go through Ill be very pleased.

For instance, apparently Pacheco calls Glen Johnson the same word and they are mates.

But we're in the UK and Johnson is a Brit. If I owned LFC I would be very uncomfortable if this was the case, has the potential to blow up in retrospect.

Jonesy puts it there for me. I can't believe he has been playing in Northern Europe for years and calling black players, "Little Nigger," all the time as a nickname. He did it when Evra and him were kicking each other and Evra suggested munching his sister's furnace of desire. I will set aside my expertise in Latin American language to speculate that they word can mean different things at different times, but I'm pretty sure at that time it didn't mean, "Thank you for kicking me, now please come around and shag my sister, my dark skinned amigo."

As I understand it the translation is closer to "little Negro friend" and is not supposed to be insulting. When used within an argument it could be seen to be so, but if so why would Suarez not deny it?

There is genuine racism out there without looking for it in petty words uttered in an argument

This. I gave Suarez a few verbals because he's a diving, cheating, racist bastard. It had nothing to with his abiltity. There's no denying he's a very good player. I clapped Steven Gerrard when he was warming up. I clapped him again when he got brought on, and again after the final whistle. Suarez is a very good player. Steven Gerrard is a GREAT player. Suarez isn't even in the same class. Not even close.

So, you gave Suarez verbals because he is a diving cheating bastard, but you gave Gerrard a round of applause? Seems a bit strange that to me.