Corney on Talksport in 30 mins

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Singe, thanks for the apologies, however, 'we should be beyond this sort of thing now' - not too sure what you mean, if 'window licker' is acceptable from your perspective then ok, maybe this isn't a forum to be viewed by less 'gifted' people.

Nobody's saying that. It was me who used the term initially, only to poke fun at an outrageous point of view. I admit it wasn't the appropriate insult to use and I apologise if it caused offence but there was nothing more to it than that. Singe simply repeated what I'd said.

Singe, thanks for the apologies, however, 'we should be beyond this sort of thing now' - not too sure what you mean, if 'window licker' is acceptable from your perspective then ok, maybe this isn't a forum to be viewed by less 'gifted' people.

Quite the opposite Diggle, words such as that should not become accepted or normalised.

The Olympics.was supposed to put.prejudices behind us and make us more aware. I am sorry I did mot.think before posting. It was a momentary lapse, not an expression of view.

Corney said:

Should be a lot higher in League - top 10 finish - on mid-table budget.

Impossible to balance books, except with 80% chance of going down.

Broken even once with a good cup run.

Scholes is a great friend of the Club - at the moment why should he give up that sort of money?

Players massively culpable. - they're not performing.

Would like manager in place for Sat, but not necessarily - 70/80 applicants, as have Notts County.

Surprised at quality of applicants.

Looking for a 'Paul Dickov' - he blew us away on interview.

Would have an interim manager until end of season.

Not approached anyone - they've come to us - one or two stand out - we'll arrange interviews.

We've got a couple of weeks to get it sorted.

McLeish going is unbelievable - we're partly responsible.

I'm well :censored:ed off because I lumped on Dowie and its looking less likely unless SC was telling porkies regarding the recruitment process.

Would love to look through the list of 80 to see which names have applied. Does Barry get involved in this then and probably knows who's on the short list (if there is one)?

Interesting that SC was confident that something will happen regarding Scholes and OAFC in the future but not now....possibly coach or player/coach being groomed as future manager or silent partner?

Corney said:

Should be a lot higher in League - top 10 finish - on mid-table budget.

Impossible to balance books, except with 80% chance of going down.

Broken even once with a good cup run.

Scholes is a great friend of the Club - at the moment why should he give up that sort of money?

Players massively culpable. - they're not performing.

Would like manager in place for Sat, but not necessarily - 70/80 applicants, as have Notts County.

Surprised at quality of applicants.

Looking for a 'Paul Dickov' - he blew us away on interview.

Would have an interim manager until end of season.

Not approached anyone - they've come to us - one or two stand out - we'll arrange interviews.

We've got a couple of weeks to get it sorted.

McLeish going is unbelievable - we're partly responsible.

thanks Diego

Hopefully he is surprised at applicants in a good way.

Worried about dickov interview comment, it's about what they have dome more than an interview. Dickov did mot exactly work out but i guess he means not being arrogant testing on laurels by a one a hit season wonder

Edited by singe

Perhaps we should appoint someone who can actually do the job this time, rather than someone who is just :censored: hot in interviews. I seem to recall Dave Penney being the "stand out candidate" and look how that ended up.

My reading of that interview is Phil Brown..from all the names in the hat why did the London presenters mention him after the interview ?

My reading of that interview is Phil Brown..from all the names in the hat why did the London presenters mention him after the interview ?

That's what I thought unles they had the latest odds list up, which they tend to have on their screens in their desk

thanks Diego

Hopefully he is surprised at applicants in a good way.

Worried about dickov interview comment, it's about what they have dome more than an interview. Dickov did mot exactly work out but iguana he means not being arrogant testing on laurels by a one a hit season wonder

You need to turn that predictive text off mate ha ha, or perhaps we should put an iguana in charge this time around.

Isn't Brown a guest at times on their shows?

Clutching at straws here because it'll mean I lose out on my bet but even more so I don't want that fool managing our club.

Do you reckon SC may bring someone seasoned in plus another assistant or player coach? Unsure budget will allow.