What if the new boss is not the fans choice?

The amount of time I have read on here this week " I would rather have Dickov than him" based on what? "he was :censored: at (insert club here)

Dowie was :censored: at everywhere but here and for a season at Palace but everyone wants him so what if we appoint someone who is not the fans choice.

when we appointed Talbot, Moore, Sheridan and Penney the majority where happy as they had all been relativley succesfull elsewhere (except Sheridan) and they all turned out to be the wrong fit/choice for the club.

Maybe someone who is unexpected could be good for us,maybe? just a thought......

Whoever we appoint will get a chance with me and should do with every latics fans but people are saying things like if he's the choice then the club can :censored: off.

Why? because we dont appoint a man that has failed everywhere bar 1 club, he didnt get us promoted with a lot of money remember so can he be classed a success here.

In regard to Sammy Lee being the fave, Not my choice...great number 2 but not a number 1.........but if appointed do we bury him before we have kicked a ball under him or back him?

But.. but.. he's only worked for Liverpool.. and Bolton..

Both of whom are significantly more successful than we are. Better players, coaches, experience etc.

But then again Iain Dowie is the Lord and the chosen one so who am I to say anything about it.

Similarly players who have scored less than 30 goals AT EVERY CLUB are not good enough for us.

We need someone to get us out of this mess. First priority. Not (at the moment) thinking about next season. When appointing previous managers we were thinking about trying to be successful but at this moment we are thinking about surviving.

And for this, we need an experienced manager, not necessarily how successful they have been anywhere else, although that would be nice, that's i would like Dowie or Brown as they are experienced in the manager position. Sammy Lee would be an awful appointment as he is only experienced in the no. 2 position, this means nothing. As can be seen when he was manager for Bolton, he was a disaster and only managed to last a matter of months.

The amount of time I have read on here this week " I would rather have Dickov than him" based on what? "he was :censored: at (insert club here)

Dowie was :censored: at everywhere but here and for a season at Palace but everyone wants him so what if we appoint someone who is not the fans choice.

when we appointed Talbot, Moore, Sheridan and Penney the majority where happy as they had all been relativley succesfull elsewhere (except Sheridan) and they all turned out to be the wrong fit/choice for the club.

Maybe someone who is unexpected could be good for us,maybe? just a thought......

Whoever we appoint will get a chance with me and should do with every latics fans but people are saying things like if he's the choice then the club can :censored: off.

Why? because we dont appoint a man that has failed everywhere bar 1 club, he didnt get us promoted with a lot of money remember so can he be classed a success here.

In regard to Sammy Lee being the fave, Not my choice...great number 2 but not a number 1.........but if appointed do we bury him before we have kicked a ball under him or back him?

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't have necessarily gone after him after PD but Liverpool thought a lot of him, England No 2 and bar the 10 games or so in the main job at Bolton, did very well. However, to read some of the comments on here, you'd think he knows nothing about the game.

Whoever's manager I'll put up with them, doesn't mean I have to like it. :censored: it i'd settle for Rusty Lee if she could nick the 7 wins we need…… and I bet she makes a mean Chicken and Rice!

Exactly. I'd even clap Paul Ince (the £500 from skybet would have nothing to do with my decision, oh no!)

We need someone to get us out of this mess. First priority. Not (at the moment) thinking about next season. When appointing previous managers we were thinking about trying to be successful but at this moment we are thinking about surviving.

And for this, we need an experienced manager, not necessarily how successful they have been anywhere else, although that would be nice, that's i would like Dowie or Brown as they are experienced in the manager position. Sammy Lee would be an awful appointment as he is only experienced in the no. 2 position, this means nothing. As can be seen when he was manager for Bolton, he was a disaster and only managed to last a matter of months.

Surviving seems to be the only target every season now. Would Dowie be happy just managing us to survival next season and the season after, if we survive this season. He will want a shot at promotion, and if that's not on the table then he will stay a pundit until a job comes along where he has a chance.

Let's look at at this way...we've had the worst manager we will ever have in Penney! So let's just get behind the new guy, whoever he is and the players, be positive and everything will be uphill from here! Brilliant!

Doesn't Dickov have a smaller winning percentage than Penney?

Lets face it we are going to have to show dam near promotion form to get out of this mess. So if whoever gets the job pulls it off they should be good enough to sustain it next year. Personal choice is Dowie from what I have heard are the candidates.

But just maybe Scholes has said I am your man next season, and this is affecting SC choice on a long term or short term appointment. That said he could I suppose offer him the no 2 role next season if whoever gets it is successful.

All we really know is we are in the :censored: and need to get out of it ,promotion form is going to be one hell of an ask. We need an appointment quick but the right one.

Whether he's the fans choice or not their is no reason why this group of players in this position can't amass enough points to pull clear of relegation.

Even with a manager such as Sammy Lee or Phil Brown they might not be the fans choice but any reasonable manager who can pick and prepare a team to a reasonable standard shouldn't have a problem aslong as the players show that they have the stomach for the fight.

As pointed out in the opening post though talbot, moore and penny, SC apppointments had a good track records, more or less everyone wanted sherdian to be given a chance and dickov was a punt. Maybe for one reason or another they didnt work out but you cant blame the chairman for that, can you?