heard a horrible rumor that i am praying isnt true

And.... Last time anyone checked it was a dormant company.

Which just means it hasn't been trading and therefore doesn't have to file accounts. It still owns Boundary Park and will become active again at some point in the future, when its directors (Blitz and Gazal) choose to dispose of its assets.

SC is picking a new manager not for himself but the clubs new owners (deal lined up and pen goes to paper after the everton game).. the manager is Sammy Lee and the new owners are a newly founded company which is own by the Vaughan family.. i.e Stephen Vaughan the the fraudster that bankrupted Chester City

i cant say to much about the source of this information but he is a scout with close links to latics and has never been wrong with his info before

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Here is one for you, stop praying.

Biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in all my life!

Which just means it hasn't been trading and therefore doesn't have to file accounts. It still owns Boundary Park and will become active again at some point in the future, when its directors (Blitz and Gazal) choose to dispose of its assets.

Do you actually know that or are you just guessing?

I'm not disputing that OAFC 2004 don't own the land but that in itself proofs nothing as to their intentions. I work for an Organisation much more complex than a Football Club and there can be many reasons why a business chooses to hold assets in different companies.

Yes there perhaps the potential that they may sell the club down the river but is there actually any evidence to suggest this is the case other than people putting 2 and 2 together to get 5?

Didn't we post a massive loss in a recent year because it was connected to the land which is owned by a seperate company - Brassbank?

Do you actually know that or are you just guessing?

I'm not disputing that OAFC 2004 don't own the land but that in itself proofs nothing as to their intentions. I work for an Organisation much more complex than a Football Club and there can be many reasons why a business chooses to hold assets in different companies.

Yes there perhaps the potential that they may sell the club down the river but is there actually any evidence to suggest this is the case other than people putting 2 and 2 together to get 5?

Guessing which bit? Brass Bank definitely owns the ground - they are the applicant in the planning applications. Blitz and Gazal are definitely Brass Bank's directors.

I'm well aware that companies hold certain assets in affiliate companies for various reasons, usually tax-related. However, Brass Bank is not an affiliate of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd (or whatever the correct name is). The land is the one asset Blitz and Gazal are keeping (completely independently of the club) to ensure they get some sort of return on it.

But where did I say anything about selling us down the river and that this was fact? For the record, I don't think they'd bat an eyelid in doing so if the opportunity arose, whereby they could recoup some serious cash from the sale of the land. They now officially have no part to play at the club and Corney would walk away with many still believing he could turn water into wine and Athletic into Barca, because he's not associated with Brass Bank (not as far as we know).

Vaughan is currently ruining Floriana in Malta. FIFPro is getting involved over players not being paid. Think his mate Mark Wright (the racist) is manager there too.

i met the Chester team and Mark wright in a hotel many years ago on their way down. Mark Iwright didn't give me the common courtesy of even passing the time of day with me and humouring me as a fan of football and even of England who he unfortunately played for. If he turned up at BP I would not and he is well placed in Malta may he forever stay here in oblivion

Guessing which bit? Brass Bank definitely owns the ground - they are the applicant in the planning applications. Blitz and Gazal are definitely Brass Bank's directors.

I'm well aware that companies hold certain assets in affiliate companies for various reasons, usually tax-related. However, Brass Bank is not an affiliate of Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd (or whatever the correct name is). The land is the one asset Blitz and Gazal are keeping (completely independently of the club) to ensure they get some sort of return on it.

But where did I say anything about selling us down the river and that this was fact? For the record, I don't think they'd bat an eyelid in doing so if the opportunity arose, whereby they could recoup some serious cash from the sale of the land. They now officially have no part to play at the club and Corney would walk away with many still believing he could turn water into wine and Athletic into Barca, because he's not associated with Brass Bank (not as far as we know).

Simon for all is good points is effectively the Administrator for Brassbank etc. protecting their investment.

To perhaps start again here, I don't think Corney is running the show, the other two are probably still in the background.

Fair enough, you didn't say that SC will specifically in this situation that he will sell us down the river, but there is enough implied on this board to say he will without any evidence of the situation.

Brassbank may not be an affiliate of OAFC, but I still believe it doesn't matter. OAFC is a privately owned business at the end of the day and I've always considered seperating the ground from the loss making football club to actually be prudent for the owners. That said, it could be part of a plan to sell us down the river, no one knows though.

Again though and this might be a slightly pointless question as I agree OAFC don't own the land, does Brassbank own it?

As far as I am aware it has never been clear but it is not just the landowner who can apply for planning permission.

What we have is a football club that, as a business, is worth nothing. It is prudent to keep the ownership of the land completely separate from the football club and I'm sure there have been threads on here which established that this was the case. I think it was also established that the football club owes money to Blitz and Gazal and therefore regardless of the 97% Corney share holding, which could be legal rather than beneficial, Blitz and Gazal not only own the land but also control the football club. All they have to do is ask for their money back.

Our problem as supporters, and I believe Simon Corney is a supporter, is that a realistic review would suggest that unless someone with more money than sense and a love for Oldham Athletic comes along their 'investment' is unlikely to increase in value so why not pull the plug now. Our current predicament might even be enough to convince them that waiting will only lose them more money.

If they are going to pull the plug it would also be in our best interests for them to do it now. If they wait and we do get relegated, pulling the plug then could result in us being relegated from league 2 because of the 10 points deduction.

Edited by Hands on