"Sit down, drum up!"

The atmosphere in the RRE was brilliant today. Good drumming, good singing and pretty consistent - even if some sings were a bit... Naff.

Anyway, the incident which I've seen mentioned elsewhere was shocking. The drummer got the drum taken away for drumming when the stewards were asking people to sit down. He was, according to one steward, "encouraging them to sing and jump." Not even kidding.

The group of singing fans were having a blast after a goal to Latics, no problems at all, and then the stewards come trying to "resolve things." How is angering a bunch of rowdy football fans a solution? If anything it'll just make more problems - as it always does and has done!

What is this :censored:?! It's disgusting! We can't even have a drummer without him nearly being ejected along with other fans?! It's no wonder we have problems with support! Needs to be taken up with the club. At lot of the people singing are young fans. Great memories for them when they reminisce about their Saturday being kicked out of Latics with teams like City & United on our doorstep (not that such a thing would cause them to leave, but you know what I'm getting at).

Think it was disgusting and something should be resolved. Ruining the atmosphere more than any give us a wave.

Was disgraceful on the stewards part. They came and told everyone to sit down, the drummer didn't so a steward grabbed the drummer, the drummber told him not to and then the steward tried to take the drum!

What I don't understand is that game after game when the atmosphere's good the players and senior management come out and say "well done to the fans, the atmosphere really helped!". So how is taking the atmosphere away from league games and ruining people's experiences gonna do any good AT ALL for the club!?

We nearly lost the small section of the RRE to Everton fans because of this kind of behaviour, now that would have seriously affected the atmosphere in their favour. There would be no less atmosphere if the creche moved to the middle of the section. It is the insistence on standing as close as possible to the away fans that is causing friction with the stewards, who are then only trying to enforce the stadium rules. My mate was ejected from the Lookers paddock for refusing to sit down in a cup game against Wolves, there were thousands of away fans standing up, but the stewards went for the easy target. I saw the drummer, he was a young lad and that easy target. Don't make yourself that target.

Banter with the away fans is great, I despise the Dongs and all they stand for. Chanting "you've got no history" and "Wimbledon" is fine and I sang along. Singing "you fat bastard" at an individual woman I found disgusting.

If all you want to do is sing and support the team, fantastic. But don't fuvk it up for everyone in the home quarter finsl.

We nearly lost the small section of the RRE to Everton fans because of this kind of behaviour, now that would have seriously affected the atmosphere in their favour. There would be no less atmosphere if the creche moved to the middle of the section. It is the insistence on standing as close as possible to the away fans that is causing friction with the stewards, who are then only trying to enforce the stadium rules. My mate was ejected from the Lookers paddock for refusing to sit down in a cup game against Wolves, there were thousands of away fans standing up, but the stewards went for the easy target. I saw the drummer, he was a young lad and that easy target. Don't make yourself that target.

Banter with the away fans is great, I despise the Dongs and all they stand for. Chanting "you've got no history" and "Wimbledon" is fine and I sang along. Singing "you fat bastard" at an individual woman I found disgusting.

If all you want to do is sing and support the team, fantastic. But don't fuvk it up for everyone in the home quarter finsl.

Surely encouraging people to move to the middle sections would cause fricton between our fans then. I sit in the T section (when i can make it these days) and couldn't be arsed with them coming over there, even if i used sit up there, standing and singing.

It's a football match though!

They came and told everyone to sit down, the drummer didn't so a steward grabbed the drummer, the drummber told him not to and then the steward tried to take the drum!

So if he had done as he was told then everyone could have carried on watching the game, and no doub there might have been some more singing and perhaps a bit of standing later on

So if he had done as he was told then everyone could have carried on watching the game, and no doub there might have been some more singing and perhaps a bit of standing later on[/size]

No. No-one sat down. Why should they? We'd just taken the lead and were on course for a first home win in the league since november.

No. No-one sat down. Why should they? We'd just taken the lead and were on course for a first home win in the league since november.

Ground regulations at a time when we are under increased scrutiny? There will be 1500 extremely pissed off fans if ignoring stewards instructions in the likely flashpoint area means we give the whole RRE to Man United in the Quarter final

I didn't know about that loophole in the regs. Next time we score I'm going to have a pint and a fag (cigarette) in my seat whilst shouting some racist homophobic abuse.

Ground regulations at a time when we are under increased scrutiny? There will be 1500 extremely pissed off fans if ignoring stewards instructions in the likely flashpoint area means we give the whole RRE to Man United in the Quarter final

Funnily enough, the stewards seemed to keep stum about the regulations for sitting down at the Liverpool game.

Magic Mikey, ha.

Funnily enough, the stewards seemed to keep stum about the regulations for sitting down at the Liverpool game.

Magic Mikey, ha.

As they do at different grounds and different matches. If you just refuse to listen to them, you are creating a problem, you play the game and end up with more freedom than you get trying to fight them

As they do at different grounds and different matches. If you just refuse to listen to them, you are creating a problem, you play the game and end up with more freedom than you get trying to fight them

You play the game and you end up being :censored: on from a greater height

Yes you did. He didn't approach us, but he did gesture. Realised he was wasting his time with recalcitrants such as yourself.

Next time they're naughty you'll be able to text the details to 07526971777, giving as much information as possible, in order to put a stop to it and minimise the risk of the ground being closed because of anti-social behaviour.

Text Jenny?

Neither Leeslover nor Markoasis sat down a single time in the Liverpool game. Not once.

Hold on you didn't either, neither did Ackey, Zorro or any the other dozen or so of us. The small print of the football league ground rules states; members of oasis are allowed to stand as long as they all dislike drums being brought into football grounds!

What's the deal with this Ultra bollocks? Is it too much to ask for passionate, normal fans who want to stand and sing? Normal people who don't look like extras from Shameless, die their hair blue, wear half and half songs, quote Soccer AM (WHEYYYYY, LAD, TEKKERZ, BANTER!) and forget your own's club terrace traditions favouring Italian supporting culture over your own.

Edit: Not quite sure who or what I'm attacking here as this is the general impression I've got from some of the Orcs that sit in the Rochdale Road End in their Primark tracksuits giving it the hard man, sure there's some decent enough characters in there. And I'm very tired.

Edited by SholverBlue

Hold on you didn't either, neither did Ackey, Zorro or any the other dozen or so of us. The small print of the football league ground rules states; members of oasis are allowed to stand as long as they all dislike drums being brought into football grounds!

I forgot. You're right. Boundary Park ground regulations 51(e)(i) to (vi) specifically state:

Those who've travelled 150 miles or more north for the game are OBLIGED to:

(i) miss both mandatory kick-offs for the sake of boozing

(ii) miss the half-time whistle

(iii) sing retro songs throughout

(iv) look right through stewards and other officials as if they're either not there or mad

(v) STAND THROUGHOUGHT

(vi) slag off the so-called, self-appointed drummer

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

I forgot. You're right. Boundary Park ground regulation 51(B)(i) to (vi) specifically state:

Those who've travelled 150 miles or more north for the game are OBLIGED to:

(i) miss both mandatory kick-offs for the sake of boozing

(ii) miss the half-time whistle

(iii) sing retro songs throughout

(iv) look right through stewards and other officials as if they're either not there or mad

(v) STAND THROUGHOUGHT

(vi) slag off the so-called, self-appointed drummer

There you go Bristol there's your free pass