Latics Submit new North Stand Planning Application

The stand will not stand sparse - im sure looking at the design it can be seen that there is space afforded for a Gym and up to 3 commercial units?

Given that committed resource will be needed to occupy said units along with the recent NHS new site deal, im sure a lot of the £4 million will be found.

A stand with new facilities located near Manc and the M62 will be looked at by investors and companies looking for new sites.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stand will not stand sparse - im sure looking at the design it can be seen that there is space afforded for a Gym and up to 3 commercial units?

Given that committed resource will be needed to occupy said units along with the recent NHS new site deal, im sure a lot of the £4 million will be found.

A stand with new facilities located near Manc and the M62 will be looked at by investors and companies looking for new sites.

Corney said previously:

"I have earmarked some money and we will get it built. It won’t be difficult to find investors once we have tenants in place and if we have to do it out of capital we have to do it out of capital."

It would give us a capacity of 13k which if we sold out would be more than the average attendance of some championship teams.

So far this season only four clubs have average attendance under 13000, Watford 12918 highest gate 15950, Millwall 10873 highest gate 18013, Barnsley 10088 highest gate 14134 and Peterborough 7648 highest gate 11070. Look where Peterborough are in the table.

So far this season only four clubs have average attendance under 13000, Watford 12918 highest gate 15950, Millwall 10873 highest gate 18013, Barnsley 10088 highest gate 14134 and Peterborough 7648 highest gate 11070. Look where Peterborough are in the table.

Yep and look where Millwall are.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Think this is even more relevant now.

We saw last time that the councillors only give a :censored: when the Latics direct eyes at Oldham. With an even bigger clincher like we had tonight, perhaps this might push things forward or at least encourage a few bent councillors desperate for a vote to grit their teeth and say "I'll support the stadium!"

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the new stand will have any of these to cater for really big supporters.

largeseat.jpg

German rag Bild Zeitung reporting that seats for large fans will be available at the 2014 World Cup.

They are twice the width of normal seats and can take up to 250kg. Doctor's note required to get one – and they also cost quite a bit more.

T

I wonder if the new stand will have any of these to cater for really big supporters.

largeseat.jpg

German rag Bild Zeitung reporting that seats for large fans will be available at the 2014 World Cup.

They are twice the width of normal seats and can take up to 250kg. Doctor's note required to get one – and they also cost quite a bit more.

hat seat should be fine for big Geff at the front of the Chaddy!!

largeseat.jpg

How blunt. Literally describes them as "fat fans."

http://planningpa.ol...DHA_DCAPR_47909 OMBC Plans 14th Feb.

£19,365 fees up front.

Application Received Wed 03 Oct 2012

Parking for 298 but Disabled bays not counted correctly? 24 not 26 again similar to Fanatics concept.

Looks very good on a budget bit of character ? Well done Latics. Looks to have all the work done up front so should be safe.

email Mark Ollerenshaw at OMBC planning to support the application.

I think letters from non-Oldham residents will be disregarded. However, emails should get round that.

Just highlighting this, as I a know a few of us entered comments having not seen this post.

The email is

mark.ollerenshaw@oldham.gov.uk

• 3 weeks later...