Good Omens for a Victory over Everton?

Jenny says if you rub it you get good luck, but that may be just a girly thing. The superstition about the players touching the Cup bringing bad luck may be an old wives' tale rather than a young girl's. Anyway, enough of rubbing up the right or wrong way, I'm looking for good omens to support my own.

I was walking along the exterior of our local shopping centre, when I stopped to talk to an Irish girl, with whom I used to work. I was telling her about Latics beating Liverpool and facing Everton next. I was being realistic about lightning not striking twice, but she was very optimistic about it doing just that. She interrupted me to say “I’ve never noticed that before”, pointing to something behind me in the building-canopy support-strut of the BHS store. Neither had I seen it before, and I was amazed to see it was a model of a long-eared owl, presumably positioned there to deter pigeons.

I expressed my amazement that it was the same species of owl as the one on the badge of the Club we were talking about – what were the odds on that coincidence?

8473009735_bf59de255c.jpg

I touched her (with permission) to transfer some of the ‘luck of the Irish’, which coincidentally Mrs. Sideburns received ‘in spirit’ by text from two lads in a pub in Dublin before the Liverpool game. They'll be following the same routine on Saturday.

Ever since this, I’ve felt a lot more confident about playing Everton.

A girl who sits with us has worn the same outfit for each round of the Cup so far, and will be doing the same this time. Anyone else got any good omens or superstitious routines to be followed in the Cup?

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself, Leeslover and The Baron stood in the same order for the Forest and Liverpool games. Unfortunately The Baron is in "Antarctica" on "holiday", so he's missing out this time.

The last three games I've been to - Colchester away, Forest, Liverpool - have all ended in victory.

The only way to guarantee a victory on Saturday is to burn down a chippy to delay the kick-off.

I haven't seen us win a league game since Rochdale at home 2011. However I've seen us win a fair few cup games. I also have a shirt that has seen 2 wins and a defeat since Christmas. I bought a Mars Duo at the Liverpool game and offered to share it with my Dad, then ate it all myself.

I don't know if these are omens or extracts from my tedious autobiography, but either way I'm quite nervous about tomorrow now.

Jenny says if you rub it you get good luck, but that may be just a girly thing. The superstition about the players touching the Cup bringing bad luck may be an old wives' tale rather than a young girl's. Anyway, enough of rubbing up the right or wrong way, I'm looking for good omens to support my own.

This is the FA cup your on about?