Everton Replay

Slash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish you well in the replay and I am delighted that you have another opportunity to put some more cash into the club.

Very sad to see you club fighting financially for its survival. So unfair this imbalance within our game. Too much money in some quarters almost obscene and then there are clubs like Oldham and indeed my club Luton Town who have experienced some very unjust treatment in recent years. Good luck and I hope for better times for Oldham Athletic a club that always made me feel welcome when I visited in your glory years of the late 80's.

When is it? Due to the short notice it may be pretty expensive on the train. Would a minibus or coach hire be appealing?

I'll have a look into prices. You can drive up to a 12-seater on an ordinary car licence. Driving is the only viable option for me. If - massive if - I can get time off work, it'll be only one day so I'd have to come back after the match.

I can fit only three people in my tiny Fiat, and the driving would be an awful schlep, so it'd be better to share the burden. Watch this space.

I wish you well in the replay and I am delighted that you have another opportunity to put some more cash into the club.

Very sad to see you club fighting financially for its survival. So unfair this imbalance within our game. Too much money in some quarters almost obscene and then there are clubs like Oldham and indeed my club Luton Town who have experienced some very unjust treatment in recent years. Good luck and I hope for better times for Oldham Athletic a club that always made me feel welcome when I visited in your glory years of the late 80's.

Thanks fella. Luton is very like Oldham in a lot of ways

I'll have a look into prices. You can drive up to a 12-seater on an ordinary car licence. Driving is the only viable option for me. If - massive if - I can get time off work, it'll be only one day so I'd have to come back after the match.

I can fit only three people in my tiny Fiat, and the driving would be an awful schlep, so it'd be better to share the burden. Watch this space.

That could be a solution. Your beers and whores would be on us next time out.

Sixt minibus hire from central London (Edgeware Road) is very affordable (9-seater minibus, two drivers, insured up to the eyeballs, comes in at about £100).

It'll be similar elsewhere, so it's looking like a very attractive option.

The only problem I've got now is getting the time off. The answer to my request might be "no", or it might be "wait until the day and we'll see how we're fixed". Another problem is it's half term, so everyone's off work and it's quite possible that no one will even answer e-mails.

In the meantime, it's probably better if someone else organises this.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Sixt minibus hire from central London (Edgeware Road) is very affordable (9-seater minibus, two drivers, insured up to the eyeballs, comes in at about £100).

It'll be similar elsewhere, so it's looking like a very attractive option.

The only problem I've got now is getting the time off. The answer to my request might be "no", or it might be "wait until the day and we'll see how we're fixed". Another problem is it's half term, so everyone's off work and it's quite possible that no one will even answer e-mails.

In the meantime, it's probably better if someone else organises this.

Was told that for Stevenage so giving it a miss if it was more local may have done it.