• Croft
    • Baxter
    • Barnard
    • Iwelumo
    • Obita
    • Smith
    • Furman
    • Simpson

It would be easy to give it to Smith because of the goal, but even without it, he turned the game completely on its head when he came on. We took control as he won everything that came remotely near him. He put in a huge shift, bullying their defenders, and it seemed to give the whole team a lift. It was a case of the right substitute at exactly the right time.

For me Grounds (who doesn't seem to have gotten much of a mention) was the stand-out performer, along with Croft. I'd have said Croft for creating the first goal but Grounds put in a couple of great corners to bring about the equaliser and I think he just sneaks it.

For me Grounds (who doesn't seem to have gotten much of a mention) was the stand-out performer, along with Croft. I'd have said Croft for creating the first goal but Grounds put in a couple of great corners to bring about the equaliser and I think he just sneaks it.

Me too Stevie, Grounds for me by a country mile, not just his ability on the ball but he has a calming influence.

Cant believe that team is in the bottom 4..

At the match I said Croft, with Tarkowski and Grounds running him close. Having watched it again on the box Tarkowski just edges ahead. For a 20 year old playing his second game in three(?) months to deal with the Everton forwards as he did, as well as maintaining his calmness in distribution was absolutely fantastic. A joy to watch.

Just because no one has mentioned his name yet in this thread I thought Tarky was outstanding on Saturday. His pass to Simpson was a joy to behold.

That being said literally it was a toss of coin between Grounds and Croft for me. Croft won

Heartily concur!

Croft made Leighton Baines look like Paul Black - Baines won't have had that tough a game for a long time

Didn't Deane Smalley tear him a new one at Goodison back in 2008?

If i remember, smalley won everything in the air and ran at him time after time......in fairness, baines has come a long way since then. Shame smalley didn't kick on!