I would seriously consider taking relegation if it came with an fa cup win and a season in europe

I would seriously consider taking relegation if it came with an fa cup win and a season in europe

I would probably suc... bite your hand off for that outcome. Not much else I'd take relegation for but really, if you could, you would.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so would we be all happy with relegation and europa league group stage footy for a season? or settle for plain old league 1 survival?

110% yeah - a few million pounds should help us to get to a near play off position next year. I should say though, I expect us to qualify for at least the Semi Final of the Europa League!

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Article in The Times today says Bradford are considering not playing in the Europa League next season should they win tomorrow. They think the costs may outweigh the tv/prize money. I hope this doesn't let Libpool in by the back door, although seeing them cock it up, nearly redeem themselves to ultimately fail was entertaining.

Article in The Times today says Bradford are considering not playing in the Europa League next season should they win tomorrow. They think the costs may outweigh the tv/prize money.

Surely that can't be true? If I read it right they get 100k in Euros straight up for being in their first round. They could charge anything for the home leg and have a full house, sell thousands of one off shirts, and all it costs them is 25 Easyjet tickets and a few Travellodge rooms for the away leg.

Surely that can't be true? If I read it right they get 100k in Euros straight up for being in their first round. They could charge anything for the home leg and have a full house, sell thousands of one off shirts, and all it costs them is 25 Easyjet tickets and a few Travellodge rooms for the away leg.

Fly home the same night. Sorted!

Bradford would enter at 3rd q round so they would have to win that and the play off to get into the group stage. I believe the FA is paid solidarity payments by UEFA to help cover costs of clubs eliminated in the qualifying rounds.

If we were to win the FA cup though, we would go straight into the group stages and straight away would get €1m regardless. Then it's €200k a win and €60k a draw. So definitely worth being in it.

If we were to win the FA cup though, we would go straight into the group stages and straight away would get €1m regardless. Then it's €200k a win and €60k a draw. So definitely worth being in it.

On this basis, I think we should give it a good shot to win the Cup :first: