Stevenage: Philliskirk on Massive Match

Philliskirk also explained that with the lack of staff they have not been able to watch opponents or get detailed reports about them.

He said: "The emphasis has been about what we do, not the opposition.

"And when I have been offered help, all I have wanted to know is if they have any particular set pieces and what are their strengths.

"We have majored on ourselves which is the approach Iain Dowie had in 2002/03 when I worked with him. And to be fair the players have taken that responsibility on board."

http://www.oldhamath...w=full#anchored

I'm not sure about this season, but in previous years they've been real bruisers. So unless he's been told otherwise it must surely be a start for Smith. Seems likely, particularly as in the LP interview he said there would definitely be changes.

Good to hear a manager concentrate on our team. When it all boils down to it all the other team can do is kick it around a bit and score, we just have to do that better than them.

If you've watched some highlights of Stevenage this year then you'll see they score absolute screamers, especially at home.

Objective for the defensive midfield, be it Furman and Wes or 1 of the 2 and the CB's is to prevent them from getting shooting chances around the edge of the box.

Greg Tansey is one to watch for them - he's scored some absolute worldies.

They were a team of Gladiators under Westley.......but they've lost the likes of Bostwick, Laird, Wilson, Byron etc, and Smith has replaced them with shorter, more skillful players like Tansey and Morais.

They'll be a real test.......but hopefully the feel good factor can kick in for us and we get a positive result.