Cup Run Puts Town On The Map

I hope the Council, particularly the Planning Committee, is tuned into where all the feel-good factor is coming from.

TP admitted he didn’t realise until later how special the atmosphere was inside Boundary Park on Saturday after Smith’s goal.

“When I got home, my wife Lesley said ‘look at this on YouTube. Someone had filmed it in the Chaddy End. I watched it and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.”

http://www.oldham-ch...veryone-buzzing

How great is it to have a caretaker manager come in and love the club as much as Tony does?! Especially after losing Dickov (of which the players loved) he's the perfect solution to a tricky position.

It's funny isn't it how much recognition we are getting at the mo with the cup run. You know we must be doing something right when councillers want tickets and we're on ITV more times than Corrie! The best result for Latics from here on would be for us to gain planning permission for the stand, stay up and start construction in summer. Oh and win the FA Cup.

I hope the Council, particularly the Planning Committee, is tuned into where all the feel-good factor is coming from.

TP admitted he didn’t realise until later how special the atmosphere was inside Boundary Park on Saturday after Smith’s goal.

“When I got home, my wife Lesley said ‘look at this on YouTube. Someone had filmed it in the Chaddy End. I watched it and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.”

http://www.oldham-ch...veryone-buzzing

I'm not going to post a link to it (can't be bothered) but some big noise on the council (possibly the leader) who was at the Everton game, was quoted in the Chron ' i enjoyed it so much I might think of getting a season ticket, 'I know it will show some naivety on my part but I would have thought that as a representative of the people of Oldham this should be a given.

I'm not going to post a link to it (can't be bothered) but some big noise on the council (possibly the leader) who was at the Everton game, was quoted in the Chron ' i enjoyed it so much I might think of getting a season ticket, 'I know it will show some naivety on my part but I would have thought that as a representative of the people of Oldham this should be a given.

Although he was previously quoted as saying he "never really understood what it was all about" (football)

Not only does it put Oldham on the map it put Oldham Athletic in the world footballing map.

I live in Melbourne (oz) and this morning I went to a family BBQ in a park, I was wearing my Latics shirt.

One guy in a group near us notice my shirt and said "hey mate, good result against Liverpool" following up with "did you you the Oldham players were told not to swap shirts" I affirmed and said, I am not sending mine back. To which he replied, oh did you play for Liverpool?

Now he knew nothing about us playing Everton, only that we had beat Liverpool and can't swap shirts.

This info has been gleaned from snippets of news on the Oz TV and write ups in the Aussie papers when we beat Liverpool.

Beat Everton and we will be more prominent on the sporting map, and I might get a good price for my shirt at the park next week! :grin: