Fine margins

We might easily have got past Everton, given our performance in the first game and if the ref hadn't suffered temporary blindness in the replay, or if Baxter's shot had gone in off off the post. I would have fancied us to give Wigan a better game than the Toffees did this weekend. And, as it turns out, we'd have avoided City, United/Chelsea in the semis.

But, as it is, we're overreacting to losing against two of the division's top sides instead.

Que sera.

We might easily have got past Everton, given our performance in the first game and if the ref hadn't suffered temporary blindness in the replay, or if Baxter's shot had gone in off off the post. I would have fancied us to give Wigan a better game than the Toffees did this weekend. And, as it turns out, we'd have avoided City, United/Chelsea in the semis.

But, as it is, we're overreacting to losing against two of the division's top sides instead.

Que sera.

Must admit my thoughts were similar but as we all know football is all about "if only" but we can always carry on hoping that the dream will come good

:OWTB1:

Que sera.

I don't really think people are overreacting about yesterday. It was dire. We got beaten of a poor team (ok, they might be up there, but they were poor yesterday) and the performance and the circumstances around it give a lot of cause for concern.

And Wigan were brilliant yesterday. If they played like that against us we would have got battered!!

I don't really think people are overreacting about yesterday. It was dire. We got beaten of a poor team (ok, they might be up there, but they were poor yesterday) and the performance and the circumstances around it give a lot of cause for concern.

And Wigan were brilliant yesterday. If they played like that against us we would have got battered!!

So much of the game is in the mind, Wigwam wouldn't have had the same approach and, in view of their relegation fight, Martinez would have most likely fielded a much weaker team.

Let's face it if it wasn't for the handball / post incident we would be looking at two trips to Wembley and an extra game in hand in the league. FACT!

:first:

Edited by Magic Mikey