An Unwinnable War

GzpMTNw.jpg

So - The Youth Development of the entire Football League has 4% of the money the Agents alone take.

So - Referees, constantly bemoaned for their lack of professionalism and quality, have 4% of the money the Agents alone take. Or, as percentage of players wages a number so small I can't even write it on here.

The battle is lost, the war's not far behind.

I'm interested to see just how much this country would need the Premier League, or which one needs the other more.

This country needs the EPL more than anything. The amount of tourism and taxes that they charge football clubs. The goverment must receive a large amount of tax etc from clubs every week. Especially when you look at Old Trafford where they tax on the tickets etc .

This country needs the EPL more than anything. The amount of tourism and taxes that they charge football clubs. The goverment must receive a large amount of tax etc from clubs every week. Especially when you look at Old Trafford where they tax on the tickets etc .

Financially I have no doubt that it plays a big part in the country's tax takings, but I can't agree that the country needs it more than anything. No matter how big it gets the Premier League will always be a luxury item and one that the country is foolish to rely on too heavily.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Financially I have no doubt that it plays a big part in the country's tax takings, but I can't agree that the country needs it more than anything. No matter how big it gets the Premier League will always be a luxury item and one that the country is foolish to rely on too heavily.

You make the assumption that the country doesn't foolishly rely on anything too heavily. It does and has since the early 1700s.

Armchair fans to Sky to Premier League to players wages to Ferrari dealerships.

Until there is a legsl and effective salary cap we are fooked as a footballing nation.

A salary cap is a lovely idea, but unworkable.

As soon as you implement a cap in England all the top players will go elsewhere, soon to be followed by sponsors, TV money etc. Putting us largely in the situation we are now, if not worse.

A salary cap would have to be European, probably even worldwide, before it makes a difference.

The solution is fairer distribution of TV money. It might seem counter intuitive for PL clubs to dole out their money, but it is in their interests ultimately.