Where Will Coventry Be Playing By The End Of The Season?

Sure he still does a fair few maybe not as many he use to do,

Argh right, glad to see him still going.

my dad told me they'd cleared the shop and everything. Seems a strange decision as the stadium owners told them they could stay until the end of the season and rent could be deferred

That's the last I heard through sky sports . Seems a little strange that they want to move.

The Ricoh's not much use to it's owners empty. What can they use it for now apart from the concerts? I wouldn't be surprised to see Coventry back their next season after negotiations in the summer, it has got to be better for them to move back and the council/charity receiving a much reduced rent.

They've cleared all the offices and shop etc because of all the money they owe to the company that owns the stadium. If left within the stadium, the company could have easily taken all the stock as repossesion for the amount of money they owe... Moving the stock has kept some 'capital' with the football club, providing they find somewhere to sell it from.

It's a shame really, but another football club who had a stadium built miles too big for them, they may have once been a bigger club but they never needed a stadium that big.

Over-ambition seems to be the disease for football clubs at the moment, it can ultimately cause them more damage than good. Stability should be the aim, with steady progression, rather than peaking too soon and having the early plummet to league 1.

Latics may be doing something right for once, i hesitate to say...

They've cleared all the offices and shop etc because of all the money they owe to the company that owns the stadium. If left within the stadium, the company could have easily taken all the stock as repossesion for the amount of money they owe... Moving the stock has kept some 'capital' with the football club, providing they find somewhere to sell it from.

It's a shame really, but another football club who had a stadium built miles too big for them, they may have once been a bigger club but they never needed a stadium that big.

Over-ambition seems to be the disease for football clubs at the moment, it can ultimately cause them more damage than good. Stability should be the aim, with steady progression, rather than peaking too soon and having the early plummet to league 1.

The stadium plans originally were for 45,000 but once relegated in 09 those plans were downgraded to 32,500...heard on the radion yesterday also that all gate receipts doesn't go to Coventry City FC, so where on earth does their revenue come from? It's not as if they've tapped into the world wide markets!

Edit: only once have they had a full capacity against Chelsea.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Rubbish. No way is this stadium too big for Coventry. They filled it for the JPT game against Crewe, and would fill it every week if they get back to the Premiiership. Even in the Championship they averages over 15000 in last seasons relegation, and 16400 the season before with the highest attendance being 28184. It's not just false ambition, it's planning for the future. Companies go to the wall, if they only plan for the present.

Coventry's problem is they don't own the stadium and get no income from it. The people responsible for this decision are long gone after alleged dodgy deals.

The original plan by the way, was for a 45000 indoor stadium with a retractable pitch.

Which brings us back to the new stand being too small!!!!