New Loanee?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't disagree at all in principle but I just can't see underdeveloped 17 year olds being at the top of a list for clubs close to our level

That's the problem I think. Winchester at least certainly has the ability right now to play at our level, but would struggle physically just the same in the 4th division as in ours.

I'm not at all convinced by Mellor or Winchester but both should have spent extended spells on loan in League Two long ago. This would have been far better for their development than kicking about on the bench at BP and playing reserve team football.

I agree, we have some good league clubs in the area, along with some fastastic non league ones, this should have happened months ago.

That makes him looks half decent

.......and that's why video editing showreels are not a good scouting tool people!!

I must have seen the games that they took the highlights from and missed the others (many more games to be fair) where he was a horror show. I thought the lad had quality!

That makes him looks half decent

.......and that's why video editing showreels are not a good scouting tool people!!

I dont think Diallo was that bad, he was just another victim of Taggarts awful defensive tactics. I remember one game Diallo and Lee basically played as centre backs they were that narrow. Theres a picture I took somewhere.

For all we know Taggart might not have anything to do with the defensive coaching, and even if it was solely down to him, our goals against record wasn't bad under Dickov, it was lack of goals scored that was the problem.

Im not having that, Lee, Black, Diallo, Mellor and whoever else played as fullback last year always played ridiculously narrow. You telling me all them chose to play that narrow?

I think it was the Bury game when they tore us a new one down the flanks.

I dont think Diallo was that bad, he was just another victim of Taggarts awful defensive tactics. I remember one game Diallo and Lee basically played as centre backs they were that narrow. Theres a picture I took somewhere.

His lack of pace was extraordinary for a full back. Cliff Byrne would beat him over 30 metres.

You are right about the shape of the defence. Lee Johnson has also identified a similar issue.

As for the Bury game, that was them playing smartly against 10 men.

Edited by opinions4u

His lack of pace was extraordinary for a full back. Cliff Byrne would beat him over 30 metres.

You are right about the shape of the defence. Lee Johnson has also identified a similar issue.

As for the Bury game, that was them playing smartly against 10 men.

Before the sending off though they were starting to batter our non existent fullbacks.