Anymore new signings before todays deadline?

'The 29-year-old left back, who is a free agent, is due to fly into Leeds/Bradford airport from Barcelona in early afternoon.

Bessone will then dash to Boundary Park where he is expected to complete the formalities of a deal for the remainder of the season.'

Given that the deadline is 5pm and planes can often arrive late, I would hope that someone from Latics was at the Airport to meet him - any delays and he could always complete the formalities there. * it might also be advantageous in that he will not get to see our three sided stadium with it's top facilities until later...ahem*

'The 29-year-old left back, who is a free agent, is due to fly into Leeds/Bradford airport from Barcelona in early afternoon.

Bessone will then dash to Boundary Park where he is expected to complete the formalities of a deal for the remainder of the season.'

Given that the deadline is 5pm and planes can often arrive late, I would hope that someone from Latics was at the Airport to meet him - any delays and he could always complete the formalities there. * it might also be advantageous in that he will not get to see our three sided stadium with it's top facilities until later...ahem*

The flight from Barcelona was scheduled to land at 13.00. It landed at 12.50.

Lee Johnson is reported to have said that he has not seen him play before taking him in on loan. Things like this goes on I suppose, but I'd like to believe that somebody's got some idea about his fitness etc.

I would be surprised if he even plays at all tbh. But then I guess this is sensible. What would we otherwise do if Grounds was injured? No evidence so far to suggest that he's been impressed by Mellor.

Lee Johnson is reported to have said that he has not seen him play before taking him in on loan. Things like this goes on I suppose, but I'd like to believe that somebody's got some idea about his fitness etc.

So all that about not signing anyone until they had been properly assessed was a load of guff then..

Preumsably one of his rellies scouted him.

So all that about not signing anyone until they had been properly assessed was a load of guff then..

Preumsably one of his rellies scouted him.

If you watch his interview he says he in as 'a bit of a trial' until the end of the season. He'd mentioned conducting due diligence on permanent deals which will have meant contracts that go beyond 8 or 9 games.