Next Seasons Shirt

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it is time to renew the home kit, I'd prefer a return to a more natural blue than this French blue.

The old mince pies aren't what they were..

Agreed, but doubt if they will listen to us, they will most likely yield to the manufacturers cheapest kit.

The drab French blue is not the Latics, Royal Blue and White are the traditional colours.

I like both the current kits we have, though I think we're going to bring out a new away kit. I just hope it's white so that we still have to wear the current away one

I hope we don't do what we did last time we had a tangerine away kit and elected to wear that horrible health & safety yellow one :sick01:

Other than maybe our last kit, everything over the past 10 years has been very similar. Only blue and white with very little other colour.

Personally, I'd like a red or tangerine to be introduced properly so that it has a big influence on the shirt. Maybe red lines like 1993-95 JD sponsored shirt or red with a design like the 2000-2001 shirt had.

However, with the new badge featuring neither red or tangerine and the club presumably trying to re-brand our image gradually as with the 'French blue' this season I doubt we'll see either of those colour next season. Most probably a French blue base colour and a gold trim.

Other than maybe our last kit, everything over the past 10 years has been very similar. Only blue and white with very little other colour.

Personally, I'd like a red or tangerine to be introduced properly so that it has a big influence on the shirt. Maybe red lines like 1993-95 JD sponsored shirt or red with a design like the 2000-2001 shirt had.

However, with the new badge featuring neither red or tangerine and the club presumably trying to re-brand our image gradually as with the 'French blue' this season I doubt we'll see either of those colour next season. Most probably a French blue base colour and a gold trim.

As long as it isn't a repeat of this

nationwide1stdivisionre.jpg

Almost there with that one. Slightly narrower blue centre panel, add blue sleeves, blue shorts and white socks and that's cracked it. Traditional Latics that was known throughout the Leagues as us.

Spot on, the shorts colour changed though from time to time as in 1962

$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0h(mbBRL5U2YEcQ~~60_58.JPG

Edited by BP1960

Spot on, the shorts colour changed though from time to time as in 1962

$T2eC16N,!ysE9sy0h(mbBRL5U2YEcQ~~60_58.JPG

I'd actually start buying programmes if they were as beautifully illustrated as that! We'd really stand out. Do we have any budding illustrators in our midst? Anyone..?

Slightly more Royal Blue...

35vfk.jpg

That's perfect. As long as the blue band goes down the back too and, as the picture above shows, it has white shorts and a thick blue band on white socks.

I had a look on toffs, they do a 1950's shirt but the illustration shows a folded up shirt so you can't see the design, different badge design to the one on the programme. They have the option of putting a name and number on it. Rather spoils the retro look.