New Stand - Planning Committee Agenda - Latics 603 NIMBY 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side, at least you'll be able to watch the game if you have one of those houses opposite.

Deferred it is then. :coffee1:

Now there's a thought!.....say ten in the front bedroom, I'll do ST for £150......happy days.

I'm intrigued around the plans for broadcasting and TV pictures. They don't seem to be part of the new stand either.

I would think that the cameras etc will move to the main stand, to show off our spanking new Broadway Stand.

They could use the directors seating area or behind it, after all the directors and guests etc will be sitting in luxury in the new boxes.

I would think that the cameras etc will move to the main stand, to show off our spanking new Broadway Stand.

They could use the directors seating area or behind it, after all the directors and guests etc will be sitting in luxury in the new boxes.

Will the current camera position be able to remain once the building work starts? Maybe have the cameraman on top of one of the portakabins.

It was more the season of building that I had in mind.

Are the fans invited to attend like last time. Loved all the fans booing the council members who rejected

Anyone can attend the meeting. It starts at 6:00pm in the Crompton Suite, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1NL, and it's item 8 on the Agenda - Note: the first 5 items are formalities which won't take more than a few minutes.

http://committees.ol...s.aspx?MId=4326

If this new stand ever see's the light of day the main stand will surely be bulldozed. Back to three sides for another 7/8 years!!

To be honest I don't think that's a bad thing.

Both the main stand and the chaddy need bulldozing with the biggest bulldozer we can afford. I don't think playing with three sides will be as bad when one of the sides is brand new.

And if it is knocked down, would remove any temptation to do an 'on the cheap' refurbishment job.

Less than 2,300 fans :thumbsdown:

I am deeply disapointed with the size of this stand and I think in just a few years this will be considered an opportunity missed. Having said that I can not see a problem with getting it approved by the council.

Originally would have agreed with this. However

- The main stand at the moment probably only covers 2/3 of the pitch. Bearing in mind that both of the corner boxes will probs go once current main stand are rebuilt and new stand go up, any new stand replacing the current main stand will cover more of the pitch and will be a bigger capacity than what the main stand is now, making up for this stand maybe being a bit on the small side.

- if it got to the stage where we really needed extra seats and had the money to do so, an extra tier could easily be added to the current RRE

If this new stand ever see's the light of day the main stand will surely be bulldozed. Back to three sides for another 7/8 years!!

The idea wasn't just to build one new stand anyway, it was to gradually replace all 4 over a period of time. If (and it's a big if) we do become successful on the pitch and actually get promoted there would be nothing to say we couldn't continue that plan if necessary and submit a new planning application to replace the chaddy or main stand. I think an extra 2300 seats more than covers our needs. this isn't about increasing the capacity of the ground, it's about increasing the clubs revenue.

I heard Main Stand was a listed building plus they're not gonna pull that down and leave people stood on the road outside watching for free.

And good luck building a new Chaddy, absolutely no chance with the houses behind now.

Edited by alex_balls

The idea wasn't just to build one new stand anyway, it was to gradually replace all 4 over a period of time. If (and it's a big if) we do become successful on the pitch and actually get promoted there would be nothing to say we couldn't continue that plan if necessary and submit a new planning application to replace the chaddy or main stand. I think an extra 2300 seats more than covers our needs. this isn't about increasing the capacity of the ground, it's about increasing the clubs revenue.

Yup I agree, Stagger Lee doesn't.

I heard Main Stand was a listed building plus they're not gonna pull that down and leave people stood on the road outside watching for free.

And good luck building a new Chaddy, absolutely no chance with the houses behind now.

This was mentioned previously and i'm 99.9% sure that its not listed.

How do you come to that conclusion? Same scenario as anyone else who bought ahouse nearby, you do so knowing that you are buying a house near the football ground.

As long as any new structure is of the same height/capacity or less, can't really be any complaints.

How do you come to that conclusion? Same scenario as anyone else who bought ahouse nearby, you do so knowing that you are buying a house near the football ground.

As long as any new structure is of the same height/capacity or less, can't really be any complaints.

Suppose there's your answer, if it was similar size, but they can't expand outwards, and despite what you say about buying a house near a ground etc, didn't the mongo NIMBY'S on Furtherwood and on the Broadway side scupper plans in the past, depsite moving in to their homes decades after the ground was built, plus where's the wonga coming from to build a new GH and Chaddy, they haven't even laid a brick on the Broadway yet (Funded in part by a sweetener / overpayment from OMBC of £5m from the Failsworth debacle)

Suppose there's your answer, if it was similar size, but they can't expand outwards, and despite what you say about buying a house near a ground etc, didn't the mongo NIMBY'S on Furtherwood and on the Broadway side scupper plans in the past, depsite moving in to their homes decades after the ground was built, plus where's the wonga coming from to build a new GH and Chaddy, they haven't even laid a brick on the Broadway yet (Funded in part by a sweetener / overpayment from OMBC of £5m from the Failsworth debacle)

Outline planning permission was granted in the past for a new chaddy including the new houses, hotel etc. Assuming that the houses are not closer to the ground than before, we could still redevelop along the lines as before hopefully.

What? We paid £5m for that land to build a stadium, where a stadium was not allowed. So they paid it back.

The land at Failsworth when "Bought" back by OMBC was worth nowhere near £5,000,000. But the sum was paid because OMBC had well and truly done Latics over with the Failsworth project, and were compensating OAFC somewhat for the debacle.

Source: Many friends in the property industry who worked on Oldham Arena and Failsworth.

When the original BP scheme was put to the council in 2007 the north stand (5200 seater stand plus retail facilities) was granted full permission. The other two stands were not because of the residential dwellings, not the stands. Hence if it was just a new stand with maybe some more conferencing facilities being built, which was physically no bigger than the current chaddy end (which to be fair is already quite high as it is) then I honestly don't think NIMBYS would have a leg to stand on.

If they wanted to fill the corners in with apartments however, aka Leyton Orient style, then that could be a different story.

just checked on the national heritage's list for listed buildings and it isnt :)

When the original BP scheme was put to the council in 2007 the north stand (5200 seater stand plus retail facilities) was granted full permission. The other two stands were not because of the residential dwellings, not the stands. Hence if it was just a new stand with maybe some more conferencing facilities being built, which was physically no bigger than the current chaddy end (which to be fair is already quite high as it is) then I honestly don't think NIMBYS would have a leg to stand on.

If they wanted to fill the corners in with apartments however, aka Leyton Orient style, then that could be a different story.

Especially if the residents are all driving two cars.