Gutless bunch of tossers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was horrible to watch that first half, and there's been some shockers at Boundary Park this season. Johnson impressed me with his boldness making three subs at half-time, but the damage was done by then. Mellor and Millar both need to start next time, and for goodness sake get Winchester back in the squad.

I wouldn't be offering Simpson a new deal.

First Half they looked like the towel had already gone in. No more two day breaks Lee, beast the workshy bastards 'til they drop. 2nd half we had a go, but the horse had already bolted. Well done Kirk Millar, had a real go.

I said in the warm up, where would the width come from? If Simpson is our 'physical presence' then God Help us. He's a lazy tosser and has been during his whole spell here, he does not work hard enough. Once the width came on, with the physicality of Smith we looked a threat and Reid and Smith should have scored, but coulda, woulda, shoulda….

The most frustrating thing is we gifted two goals against a side that didn't look a threat all afternoon. However, keep matching Scunny's results and we'll be ok. Between us and them now as Colchester look to have got out of it imho.

I hope he starts with a clean slate and bins the lot of those out of contract in the Summer, most are already on their holidays. As for Smith being chased by Championship clubs well his headers on goal were Powder Puff today, and his miss was glaring, he should have buried that.

Edited by oafcprozac

Again, shocking first half just where we left off on Monday and deserved to be losing at that point. Mo central mid and missing crofty on the right.

Glad the manager had the balls to make three subs at half time, which I can't remember last when I saw that and thank chuff he did. We started to get the ball on the dec, made space and were passing.

Got to say what a save their gk made when Baxter went through....

On first half display we are down, on the second half we have a fighting chance......

Couldn't agree more about the Simpson comments. Gave the ball away in attacking positions and idiotically jumping into their centre halves with no chance of winning the ball, they get a soft free kick and pressure off.

WTF was their kit, it was all green against our all blue, with the sun in your eyes it was hard to tell them apart, the ref should at least have made them wear white shorts. Maybe that's why we kept passing to them in the first half.

Who wants it though?

First half nobody wanted the ball. Weso opened up the chance for the first. Simpson's intercepted pass to Brown had a second class stamp on the envelope that was posted last week some time. Boozy on both was :censored: - but the chances should never have come.

Barnard looked lost. I bet he can't believe quite how :censored: we are. We lacked width. M'Voto looked like he'd been on the red wine before kick off. Tarky kept passing it to their players.

Second half Mellor and Millar created a buzz on the pitch. Smith did in the crowd. Baxter needs to learn not to take everything. Mellor can strike a ball too. Baxter's shot straight at the keeper was poor too. But he did his job from the spot and his two passes to put in Smith and Reid (?) were sublime.

There were a few out there today who must have bloody good agents. They must be fixed up for next season because there's no way they're playing for a Latics contract.

9 bookings and a red now for Simpson. Can we have him banned please.

Edited by opinions4u

Who wants it though?

First half nobody wanted the ball. Weso opened up the chance for the first. Simpson's intercepted pass to Brown had a second class stamp on the envelope that was posted last week some time. Boozy on both was :censored: - but the chances should never have come.

Barnard looked lost. I bet he can't believe quite how :censored: we are. We lacked width. M'Voto looked like he'd been on the red wine before kick off. Tarky kept passing it to their players.

Second half Mellor and Millar created a buzz on the pitch. Smith did in the crowd. Baxter needs to learn not to take everything. Mellor can strike a ball too. Baxter's shot straight at the keeper was poor too. But he did his job from the spot and his two passes to put in Smith and Reid (?) were sublime.

There were a few out there today who must have bloody good agents. They must be fixed up for next season because there's no way they're playing for a Latics contract.

9 bookings and a red now for Simpson. Can we have him banned please.

We should have scored at least one of those one on ones, Reid's especially I think.

Simply not good enough!

Cut adrift by Colchester now but thanks to Preston for putting Scunny to the sword

It's still very much in our own hands :getmecoat:

Putting my pedantic hat on if we win our 6 games, Colchester win their 4 games and Shrewsbury win the 3 games they have left bar ours, we finish above both Colchester and Shrewsbury.

Being more realistic and without being pedantic: No more defeats (or 6 points) and we will be fine IMHO, I can't see Scunny getting 7 points from their remaining 4 games.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Get rid of most of them at the end of the season, I'm sure LJ will after that fecking display in the first half.

There must be a limit on how many times you can try and polish Dickovs turds.

Edited by Scratch2000uk

I reckon we still need two wins but where they are coming from God only knows!........Scunthorpe have Walsall at home and Bury away to play and both are winnable.

If Scunny can win at Bury, surely we can too. Mid-table Crawley at home is looking quite handy for a win too.

Mid-table Crawley at home is looking quite handy for a win too.

In theory yes, but it depends which team turns up!

Colchester and Carlisle would have been handy wins too given their respective positions, instead we've taken a single point from six.

Putting my pedantic hat on if we win our 6 games, Colchester win their 4 games and Shrewsbury win the 3 games they have left bar ours, we finish above both Colchester and Shrewsbury.

Being more realistic and without being pedantic: No more defeats (or 6 points) and we will be fine IMHO, I can't see Scunny getting 7 points from their remaining 4 games.

First Half they looked like the towel had already gone in. No more two day breaks Lee, beast the workshy bastards 'til they drop. 2nd half we had a go, but the horse had already bolted. Well done Kirk Millar, had a real go.

I said in the warm up, where would the width come from? If Simpson is our 'physical presence' then God Help us. He's a lazy tosser and has been during his whole spell here, he does not work hard enough. Once the width came on, with the physicality of Smith we looked a threat and Reid and Smith should have scored, but coulda, woulda, shoulda….

The most frustrating thing is we gifted two goals against a side that didn't look a threat all afternoon. However, keep matching Scunny's results and we'll be ok. Between us and them now as Colchester look to have got out of it imho.

I hope he starts with a clean slate and bins the lot of those out of contract in the Summer, most are already on their holidays. As for Smith being chased by Championship clubs well his headers on goal were Powder Puff today, and his miss was glaring, he should have buried that.

LJ, say's he blames himself for today's first half performance, stating they were 'leggy' cos he'd done too much of what you're asking for yesterday. Well that and mental ability to want to win even when 'leggy' !!

Must find a replacement for Conor Brown and quick, never seen a player who just can't wait to get rid so fast, even if one of ours is surrounded, they are getting the ball sharpish, Then he'll hide behind an opposition player so they can't get it back to him.

Puts the centre backs under pressure as they don't have an outlet, giving them no option but to hoof it.

LJ, say's he blames himself for today's first half performance, stating they were 'leggy' cos he'd done too much of what you're asking for yesterday. Well that and mental ability to want to win even when 'leggy' !!

Too many games or hard training - Jaded

Not enough games or training sessions due to the weather - Rusty

Let's face it, this lot are a weak bunch and a good clear out is needed, tougher characters next season please LJ.

WTF,He gave them gutless shower of wank 2 days off!To turn out a result like today!!!!

Must find a replacement for Conor Brown and quick, never seen a player who just can't wait to get rid so fast, even if one of ours is surrounded, they are getting the ball sharpish, Then he'll hide behind an opposition player so they can't get it back to him.

Puts the centre backs under pressure as they don't have an outlet, giving them no option but to hoof it.

As i said on a different thread, different folk see different games

I think he has improved in every game I've seen him in . he gets rid of the ball quickly which in my view can be a good thing. he also is prepared to run it from defence. he also always shows to receive the ball no matter where he is. He takes risks but usually they come off and if they don't he battles back.

First goal today came from his throw and Weso's usual god awful first touch.

All about opinions I suppose.