Gutless bunch of tossers

Then he'll hide behind an opposition player so they can't get it back to him.

I do see something of this in Brown's game. He seems to lack the confidence that he can do something with it if he were to get behind hi defender, so he makes sure he never has to. He has the makings of a player but he needs to trust his crossing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronnie Simpson has been atrocious all season apart from the Forrest game so frustrating because we know he can be a very good player in this league, maybe he was just playing for a contract last season. He's become aggressive and dirty this season to he will no doubt end up somewhere else though and probaly move on to better things just like most ex Latics players

Ronnie Simpson has been atrocious all season apart from the Forrest game so frustrating because we know he can be a very good player in this league, maybe he was just playing for a contract last season. He's become aggressive and dirty this season to he will no doubt end up somewhere else though and probaly move on to better things just like most ex Latics players

Robbie* iPhone wanted to call him Ronnie instead for some reason

I'd put Robbie Simpson at the head of that list. But he's by no means alone.

Second half was much better.

Absolutely spot on.

NewBlue can I ask the question, why do you search the forum downboating comments but don't comment why?

Are you the bloke who sits near me in the main stand who looks like a "chuckle brother"? Because he loves him and thinks Simpson does no wrong.

Personally, after recent performances I never want to see Simpson in an Oldham shirt ever again.......... Lazy Bastard! (go on NewBlue downboat me, without the balls to tell me why).

Absolutely spot on.

NewBlue can I ask the question, why do you search the forum downboating comments but don't comment why?

Are you the bloke who sits near me in the main stand who looks like a "chuckle brother"? Because he loves him and thinks Simpson does no wrong.

Personally, after recent performances I never want to see Simpson in an Oldham shirt ever again.......... Lazy Bastard! (go on NewBlue downboat me, without the balls to tell me why).

I don't know what you're talking about to be honest. I very rarely downboat comments on here, in fact I probably upboat more than most.

"search the forum downboating comments" - you really must be pissed. You come on here and downboat more comments than most, more than me especially.

I agree that Robbie Simpson has been diabolical this season however I just didn't like 'Gutless Bunch of Tossers' comment really. "thinks Simpson does no wrong." You must be delusional and subscribe to the idea that some of the more experienced posters are infallible.

You probably read that I said I'm 17 on another thread and thought I'd be an easy target and this 'not having the balls to tell' you is utter :censored:e as well as I remember me quoting some of your comments and responding several times.

I agree that Robbie Simpson has been diabolical this season however I just didn't like 'Gutless Bunch of Tossers' comment really. "thinks Simpson does no wrong." You must be delusional and subscribe to the idea that some of the more experienced posters are infallible.

Fair enough if you don't like the comment. But feel free to say why you don't like it.

Focusing on the context of the game:

- we're in massive danger of relegation.

- we missed a big chance to keep Colchester in the mix on Monday.

- Carlisle have been on a poor run and still run the risk of dropping like a stone.

- new manager to impress

- slightly bigger crowd than usual.

What did the players serve up in the first 45 minutes:

- I don't recall a crunching (but fair) tackle.

- I don't recall a telling pass, made with belief.

- I do recall a remarkable ability to pass to green shirts.

- I don't recall any player taking responsibility to get us forwards at pace.

- I do recall one of our lot getting booked for a really pointless foul. Again.

The "free online dictionary" states:

adj. Slang

1. Lacking courage or drive.

2. Lacking substance; weak or insignificant.

Gutless is a fair description. A complete lack of ownership of the situation across the park. A complete lack of hunger. A complete lack of desire. A real lack of application. A fear of the ball.

Tossers?

Brit slang a stupid or despicable person

Well if they can't step up when the chips are down, tossers is an apt description.

I can accept being beaten by a better team. I can be frustrated as hell if the referee gets it wrong. But I cannot accept losing with a whimper. Not trying. Not wanting to try. Not caring. Not appearing to care. They cared when they were on the telly. They have some genuine football ability. But they don't have the stomach for a fight. They can't align themselves to action needed for the games they play week in, week out.

That's gutless for you. Tossers too. Corney thinks they're stealing a wage off him. I think they're stealing £308 a season off me.

Edited by opinions4u

Can't recall a season where the players were accused of lack of effort , passion , desire etc on so many occasions ,it must be in double figures by now.

But to be honest , if any employee gets chewed out for their efforts at work more than once I always think it is time to call it a day , there will be no solution, perhaps a temporary improvement , but it will soon vanish.

How many of us play or have played footy at whatever low level and bust our guts ,knowing full well how useless we are.

These guys get a comfortable life through being lucky enough to have been born with a level of ability to earn a living playing football and yet ..........

These guys get a comfortable life through being lucky enough to have been born with a level of ability to earn a living playing football and yet ..........

I wouldn't call them lucky, winning the Lottery is lucky. I'd say they have to make a lot of sacrifices to get to the level they have.

Where was connor brown and bobby reid for their second and why was it Simpson chasing back half hearted btw from the left side.

Connor Brown was overlapping. Don't know about Reid.

Simpson telegraphed a pass to him, under hit it and it was easily intercepted.

The goal came about through Simpson's error. And then Bouzy went walkabout.

Connor Brown was overlapping. Don't know about Reid.

Simpson telegraphed a pass to him, under hit it and it was easily intercepted.

The goal came about through Simpson's error. And then Bouzy went walkabout.

argh right I couldn't see on the highlights. Bouzanis made a poor attempt he was caught in two minds come out or stay.

I don't know what you're talking about to be honest. I very rarely downboat comments on here, in fact I probably upboat more than most.

"search the forum downboating comments" - you really must be pissed. You come on here and downboat more comments than most, more than me especially.

You probably read that I said I'm 17 on another thread and thought I'd be an easy target and this 'not having the balls to tell' you is utter :censored:e as well as I remember me quoting some of your comments and responding several times.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with age, if you don't like something someone says, at least argue your point of view.

That first half was a :censored:ing disgrace and these said "gutless bunch of tossers" will be long gone when we start next season playing Barnet away so don't be tempted to show them your loyalty.

I wouldn't call them lucky, winning the Lottery is lucky. I'd say they have to make a lot of sacrifices to get to the level they have.

This is true, so why would a person then decide they had 'made it ' and run the risk of throwing it all away?

Putting my pedantic hat on if we win our 6 games, Colchester win their 4 games and Shrewsbury win the 3 games they have left bar ours, we finish above both Colchester and Shrewsbury.

Being more realistic and without being pedantic: No more defeats (or 6 points) and we will be fine IMHO, I can't see Scunny getting 7 points from their remaining 4 games.

We needed 9 points from 3 games against Liverpool, Villa, and Southampton to save our premiership status and managed it against all the odds.

Anything can happen at this stage of the season but even with a new manager the attitude of the players in the 1st half yesterday does not fill me with much confidence.

If Scunthorpe manage to win a couple of their remaining games I'm sure we will need to win at Orient to survive, with this lot I wouldn't be putting any money on a victory.

That team never knew when they were beaten though and had been in a decent run from early February onwards.

This lot have no pride in themselves save for one or two of the kids that are willing to get stuck in. At the moment I still think we'll scrape safety simply down to the fact that Scunny are :censored:, but we need at least 4 points this week as I think Scunny will beat Walsall next Saturday. I'd completely change it at Preston, time for a change in goal too.

Get Byrne back in there and start the two young lads who came on on Saturday it needs freshening up and Simpson should be nowhere near that team for the rest if the season I'd be inclined to leave smith on the bench and go with Barney and Iwelumo up top, iwelumo's vocality up front added to Byrne at the back could make the difference in getting is over the line. We need leaders out there, lets use what we've got...

The difference I would like to suggest is that Matty Smith, Millar and Mellor are all Oldham players. Smith is going but a bright lad who gives his all and Mellor and Millar are probably playing for contracts - I suspect LJ has correctly decided that Smith is not fit enough to play 90 minutes but I would rather see him start and be substituted than come on when we are behind. Simpson has been injured and has not played to his potential in the league but he was asked to do too much yesterday. I want to see the back of him because I don't like the way he damages people - they are not fair tackles and he should have been sent off more times this season. Wes is no captain and played best when with Furman. Brown and Tarky are raw improving talent but I suspect will always need a bit more time. Baxter is as Baxter does and I would favour 3 5 2 so that he can be allowed to do what he does best.

My Team for PNE 4-3-1-2

Cisak

K Smith

Byrne

M'Voto

Grounds

Millar

Wes

Mellor

Baxter

Barnard

Iwelumo

We know Mellor's got a good enough engine to play in a three in Midfield as he's played 20 odd games at Full-Back so will have no problems getting up and down. Smith will push on more than Brown so gets the nod at RB, we just need to get the crosses in from Kirk and let Jose play the free role he thrives in.

The difference I would like to suggest is that Matty Smith, Millar and Mellor are all Oldham players. Smith is going but a bright lad who gives his all and Mellor and Millar are probably playing for contracts - I suspect LJ has correctly decided that Smith is not fit enough to play 90 minutes but I would rather see him start and be substituted than come on when we are behind. Simpson has been injured and has not played to his potential in the league but he was asked to do too much yesterday. I want to see the back of him because I don't like the way he damages people - they are not fair tackles and he should have been sent off more times this season. Wes is no captain and played best when with Furman. Brown and Tarky are raw improving talent but I suspect will always need a bit more time. Baxter is as Baxter does and I would favour 3 5 2 so that he can be allowed to do what he does best.

Liverpool apart and a couple of games at Chesterfield he's looked pretty average from the start. Smith does his best work from the bench and makes an impact.

My Team for PNE 4-3-1-2

Cisak

K Smith

Byrne

M'Voto

Grounds

Millar

Wes

Mellor

Baxter

Barnard

Iwelumo

We know Mellor's got a good enough engine to play in a three in Midfield as he's played 20 odd games at Full-Back so will have no problems getting up and down. Smith will push on more than Brown so gets the nod at RB, we just need to get the crosses in from Kirk and let Jose play the free role he thrives in.

I definately agree with that defence we need experienced leaders in there and I can't see that in either Brown or Tarky

Fair enough if you don't like the comment. But feel free to say why you don't like it.

Its got absolutely nothing to do with age, if you don't like something someone says, at least argue your point of view.

That first half was a :censored:ing disgrace and these said "gutless bunch of tossers" will be long gone when we start next season playing Barnet away so don't be tempted to show them your loyalty.

Sometimes it's hard to post against someone like yourself, O4U when you produce such a long, intricate post that completely takes apart a comment. Simple fact is that these words have different connotations for us both and I didn't like it. I don't think he's a 'tosser' whatsoever and I didn't even shout that in the heat and passion of the match so if I don't agree with it then I'm certainly not when it's calmed down. I'm sure I've upboated you enough times to compensate for that downboat...

And LL, you're still way over-exaggerating with this downboat thing. I do argue my points and downboats enough and if people had a problem I'm sure they'd say. You're the first one to do so after over a year on this site.

This is true, so why would a person then decide they had 'made it ' and run the risk of throwing it all away?

Out of these two options Martin which do you think is better?

Playing a player that has been told that he has no future at the club? We're in April now so I would have thought that those that don't have a future have already been told

Or

Playing someone that isn't good enough to make the first team?

It's swings and roundabout for me- play someone that doesn't really give a toss, I'm sure there's some even though they'll staunchly deny that being the case, or play someone that is second best.

I always thought the upboat and downboat button was when you couldn't be bothered to type a response but you liked/didn't like what was being said! Looks like I've been doing it wrong ;)

On to the football I'd definitely drop brown and put k smith at rightback be gave us much more of an attacking threat down the right