Thatcher...And the minute's silence

219 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics hold a minute's silence for Maggie

• Yes
    • No

Wouldn't a simple no have sufficed?

No, it wouldn't have sufficed, because I'm technically in what's known as a dilemma.

1: I'll enjoy hurling the abuse and engaging in vile anti-Thatcher chanting, so I want a minute's silence.

2: I don't want a minute's silence because asking people to stand in reverential silence on the passing of an evil, vicious bitch is to compound their previous ill-treatment with mockery.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have one thing to be grateful for - I was at this Charlatans gig in Northwich 1989 and this girl jumped on stage and started shouting the MAGGIE - OUT chant to which we all joined in; she then flashed her norks. If it wasn't for Maggie...

No, it wouldn't have sufficed, because I'm technically in what's known as a dilemma.

1: I'll enjoy hurling the abuse and engaging in vile anti-Thatcher chanting, so I want a minute's silence.

2: I don't want a minute's silence because asking people to stand in reverential silence on the passing of an evil, vicious bitch is to compound their previous ill-treatment with mockery.

Ah just as I thought.

A lefty who wants a political debate.

I ain't rising because I don't follow any party (they are all lying bastards).

However this is a football forum for football fans, so please take your political bilge elsewhere! :ass1:

Definitely not. Maggie's death has sod all to do with football. And what she did to this country in general, and the industry I was in in particular, she will never be forgiven in my eyes. Nor will she be by the 3 million who were unemployed during her "reign". I don't even see why she should have this big send off anyway. She was a Prime Minister, nothing more, nothing less. Let her multi-millionaire family pay for it, not the tax payers who are already screwed in to the ground. :rant.sml:

I do have one thing to be grateful for - I was at this Charlatans gig in Northwich 1989 and this girl jumped on stage and started shouting the MAGGIE - OUT chant to which we all joined in; she then flashed her norks. If it wasn't for Maggie...

I was there that night, I think, was that the one in the Morg opposite the police station?

Just for the record I voted no minute's silence, however I don't think Lags was starting a thread to hear everyone political views.

We all support the same team, its surely a question of yes or no? Its surely not the place to discuss politics or this board really is :censored:ed up.

I was there that night, I think, was that the one in the Morg opposite the police station?

I can't remember exactly, it felt like a school hall or a college hall, I do remember the exhaust dragging on the motorway on the way back and eventually falling off my Metro because I had about seven lads in the thing.

I realised I was talking :censored: pretty sharpish. Maybe you should too.

Like I said, I don't think its the place for a political debate.

I am no mad tory or anything, just like I am way off being left wing (in fact I choose not to vote any more).

I just don't think a political load of infighting is a good idea right now.

Surely the thread was about whether a minute's silence is right for football?

Of course it isn't!

I can't remember exactly, it felt like a school hall or a college hall, I do remember the exhaust dragging on the motorway on the way back and eventually falling off my Metro because I had about seven lads in the thing.

Yes it was the Memorial Hall, opposite the police station and next to the Court. I thought that was 1990 though, top night that was.

Yes it was the Memorial Hall, opposite the police station and next to the Court. I thought that was 1990 though, top night that was.

It was a great night.

EDIT: You wasn't in the back of my car with six other lads that night!

The Blue Brigade ultras are organising a Thatcher death Party I've heard.

In truth, no for me. It was instilled in me from a young age Thatcher was a nasty piece of work and I've not become any fonder of her as I've got older. Despite that, there's no point in organising something that's going to end badly.

Avoid the silence, avoid the interruptions and avoid the awkwardness of feeling obliged to keep quiet for a woman a lot of people feel :censored:ed over by.

If they'd have had it the Manc derby the other night it'd have not been honoured by a huge percentage.

I'm only 25 so I don't really know much about her. I'd say iv learned more about her in the last few days than I ever have in the past 25 yrs.

I just want to know why everyone is against her so much? People say she has nothing to do with football but many other people who have had nothing to do with football got a minutes silence. Why doesn't she deserve one? What's the thing about ID cards?? Iv never heard or read about this. Thanks

To be honest I don't remember it quite this way but it's in the mail so must be true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2306005/Margaret-Thatcher-Football-snubbed-lady-saved-game-tribute-Manchester-derby--Jeff-Powell.html

The headline of that article renders it bull:censored:

shame on us all!