Simpson as captain

Couldn't get my head round that, awful again yesterday , totally shown up by millars work rate and smith winning everything in the air .

What the :censored: does LJ see in him ?

Croft, Jean , grounds or even boozy would have been more deserving than a guy who's stolen a wage all season and has a pathetic goal and assist ratio , his Pre match comments every week :censored: me right off , total hot air, and then the same abject performance.

I understand your point and to a point agree....My feeling with Simmo is that LJ likes the fact he puts a dirty tackle in....He isnt afraid to get stuck in...

Liverpool...went through the keeper after 5 mins and set the tone

Everton....broke Tim Howards back when he cleaned him out

Swindon....tackles flying in

I dont think we have the natural enforcer in the side but simmo is the closest we have so he gave him the band

It could just be a case of the biggest voice out there at the time, i don't think its about who is deserving because granted the 3 mentioned probably are but I don't really see them having a leading quality, M'Voto just needs to concentrate on being the rock especially.

Cracking result yesterday , it was never going to be pretty so let's hope we take it forward.

LJ has a bit of an issue with Grounds, made it clear on his first day when he met the fans that grounds likes to blame people....not what you want from your captain!!

The issue came across to me as one of Grounds has demonstrated being a leader (at Chesterfield) but now seems very quiet on the pitch.

LJ keen to bring Grounds the leader to the fore again.

I would either give the arm band to someone that leads by example (Croft) or give it to someone who will react and improve their game (Tarkowski). It could be LJ thought it might do Simpson, a confidence player (or is that trickster), some good. You could give it to Smith if you decided to play him as the brightest one out there. HOWEVER the best person to wear it would have been Furman. Met some Doncaster supporters on their way back from Crewe who said he was playing very well for them - it could be he is being used in the right way something I'm sure LJ would have done.

I understand your point and to a point agree....My feeling with Simmo is that LJ likes the fact he puts a dirty tackle in....He isnt afraid to get stuck in...

Liverpool...went through the keeper after 5 mins and set the tone

Everton....broke Tim Howards back when he cleaned him out

Swindon....tackles flying in

I dont think we have the natural enforcer in the side but simmo is the closest we have so he gave him the band

Against Liverpool he nearly broke Joe Allen's foot after 20 seconds!

Like Matty Tipton, he's a pussy trying to be aggressive. Captain Bligh, Birdseye or the guy that croaks in Phoenix Nights would make better leaders….

For me it has to be Tarky, or Byrne when he's fit. Simpson would be nowhere near my team.

Edited by oafcprozac

Yes, you could, you could also argue we haven't scored in the last three games he's been on the pitch…..

Subbed v Carlisle, suddenly more of threat and scored 1 unlucky not to have nicked a point

PNE missed a couple of good chances

Yesterday he was abject, taken off and hey presto the goal comes as we have a striker on who actually gets in where it hurts...

Defies beliefe that LJ has put his faith in a guy that has been pisspoor all season Forest apart. Doesn't look like scoring, makes himself look busy but you watch closely, whilst it looks like he's closing down in reality he's looking busy and nowhere near a challenge.

Wes getting injured was a blessing imho as he will have to change midfield now and to and extent it worked yesterday, I feel sorry for Barney having to play with Simpson, as with Smith or Big Chris he looked a threat. with Simpson he's having to do the work of two and rarely getting in there.

Edited by oafcprozac

The issue came across to me as one of Grounds has demonstrated being a leader (at Chesterfield) but now seems very quiet on the pitch.

LJ keen to bring Grounds the leader to the fore again.

Grounds was arguably the most consistent player pre-Johnson. Now he's had a couple of shockers and maybe being singled out by Johnson has had a bad effect.

Against Carlisle, Johnson was shouting 'Groundsy, can't hear you!' at a set piece, hopefully he'll come good again.

I'd be tempted to give Bouzanis the captaincy. He's made a few mistakes recently and cost us goals, but he's definitely vocal and at least gives a :censored:.

I wouldnt give Baxter it as he has enough of the responsbility on his young shoulders

The only thing I can see why he did that was to give Simpson a show of faith and hope that the responsbility might help us see the Robbie Simpson who on his day can win us games, again it seems that didnt happen

The natural leader is surely Tarky??????

This is our problem, and has been for some time I think. The number of natural captains is really limited. Tarkey might be the best of the current crop, but we need someone with more experience IMHO.

A captain that knows who to bollock and who boost up.

Who will stop heads dropping.

Someone new I feel. None currently have "it".

EDIT Just seen adrianPShaw said pretty much the same

Edited by singe