Gotta say i like this man, always bloody runs his tripe out, just wish before the end of the season he scores, he deserves a bloody goal. Think it's the first time I've heard the crowd chant his name solely, even after he left the park.

Bloody hope he stays

It's been fantastic seeing a shy footballer transform into a genuine leader with quality and ability.

He has been an absolute triumph the second half of the season and his assists have risen us.

He's been tremendous since the New Year and he's one of few senior players that deserve to stay.

(Can we make a proper song for him now though, please) :peepwall::chubb:

Any excuse for a bit of Simpson bashing eh, deary me.

Tried his best to get involved in a 'scrap' that had nothing to do with him. Lucky to stay on the pitch after pushing their full back in the back of the head.

Not a very good example to the younger players. Especially as captain. Just sayin'.

Tried his best to get involved in a 'scrap' that had nothing to do with him. Lucky to stay on the pitch after pushing their full back in the back of the head.

Not a very good example to the younger players. Especially as captain. Just sayin'.

My view was that he was keeping their players from getting too involved with something that had nothing to do with them either. He was our captain and thought he did a decent job of not letting their players convince the ref to send Millar off.

The little clip round the ear he gave their number 2 was daft though.

Class performance and his run into their lad round send him flying in front of The Main Stand was a highlight. Hope Johnson convinces him we're going to have a real go next year.

Thought Mellor looked composed as well and at times showed real quality spread a few quality balls effortlessly.

I am not Simpson's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I've absolutely no problem with our skipper stepping in to defend one of our young players when 4 or 5 of the opposition are trying to have a pop at him...

I am not Simpson's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I've absolutely no problem with our skipper stepping in to defend one of our young players when 4 or 5 of the opposition are trying to have a pop at him...

Step in - yes.

Step in and throw your arms around knowing you're gonna get booked - why? Thought he was an educated lad?

And then to clip a player around the ear right in front of the ref? Idiotic at best.

I have to say that performance tonight has to be one of the greatest individual performances from a Latics player for a long long time.

I have criticised him at times this season but that was just tremendous!

Jason Jarrett vs Hudds when on loan is the last one on a par with Croft tonight.

He was, quite simply, out-feckin-standing tonight.

Bravo Sir, bravo

I have to say that performance tonight has to be one of the greatest individual performances from a Latics player for a long long time.

I have criticised him at times this season but that was just tremendous!

Ditto.

Ran through brick wall tonight and got lots of good, early crosses in. A different player since Dickov has left. Brown was also superb.

Got to give youth more of chance next season - Mellor and Millar are more than ready to be considered first-teamers.

Belezika had a few wobbles, put looks promising - awesome goal-saving tackle at the end. Well done to Bouzy for pulling him away when he looked ready to get involved in a scrap, which would probably have lead to a red-card.

Ditto.

Ran through brick wall tonight and got lots of good, early crosses in. A different player since Dickov has left. Brown was also superb.

Got to give youth more of chance next season - Mellor and Millar are more than ready to be considered first-teamers.

Belezika had a few wobbles, put looks promising - awesome goal-saving tackle at the end. Well done to Bouzy for pulling him away when he looked ready to get involved in a scrap, which would probably have lead to a red-card.

I'd second that too, Croft was immense, didn't want to mention Brown until after we'd finished but he was very very good tonight

Chron:

Crofty has been battling illness in the past 10 days and is now aiming to end the BP campaign on a high against Crawley.

“It’s the last home game and we want to give the fans something to cheer about,” Croft added. “We want to put the relegation issue to bed, make ourselves safe and enjoy the last week of the season.”

http://www.oldham-ch...his-future-lies