Thanks Lee Johnson!

I will finish what Elvis Presley here failed to do! Thank you very much Lee Johnson for keeping Oldham Athletic in league one. I cant speak on behalf of everyone but I thought the appointment of an inexperienced newly retired player would seal our doom. Now, I cant wait for next season. You have turned the team upside and have got results and led us to mathematical safety, restored confidence in the players and have given youth there opportunity whilst showing Miller as an excellent prospect up front. Onwards and upwards and very much cant wait for pre season and next season! Try your upmost best to keep some of our key players, mvoto being one!

I will finish what Elvis Presley here failed to do! Thank you very much Lee Johnson for keeping Oldham Athletic in league one. I cant speak on behalf of everyone but I thought the appointment of an inexperienced newly retired player would seal our doom. Now, I cant wait for next season. You have turned the team upside and have got results and led us to mathematical safety, restored confidence in the players and have given youth there opportunity whilst showing Miller as an excellent prospect up front. Onwards and upwards and very much cant wait for pre season and next season! Try your upmost best to keep some of our key players, mvoto being one!

Maybe the Oldham public are starting to think the same.

Have to agree with the above, As soon as we appointed LJ i wasn't going to judge him on how the season finished as it wasn't his team and he had little time to get to know the squad but he has seen us safe. I feel positive under Johnson and look forward to who he brings in in the summer. I think there will be a big clearout in the summer and we will start a fresh next season.

Bit of credit to the chairman and the board?? The gamble has paid off. Step one complete.

Now lets see what LJ can do longer term. Im actually looking forward to an almost totally new team next year and seeing how we go. A comfortable mid season table finish would do me

t because he has substance, a plan, ideas

lets not get too carried away.One of the things he said he didnt want to do was play square pegs in round holes. Simpson again on the left against a slow left back and no sign of montano...... and his subs were strange today.. Stil we won and hes done really well to keep us up... But lets be a little cautious he isnt proven... yet

lets not get too carried away.One of the things he said he didnt want to do was play square pegs in round holes. Simpson again on the left against a slow left back and no sign of montano...... and his subs were strange today.. Stil we won and hes done really well to keep us up... But lets be a little cautious he isnt proven... yet

How were his subs strange?

I just thought that simspon was poor again and that we should have been looking to have a go at thier right full back number 13 as he looked to lack pace. So i thought montano should have come on.

Bringin Smith off meant we didnt have anyone to hold the ball or challenge for in the air.... and we were kicking to Millar and Baxter the game wasnt going to be won by free flowing football so we needed some physical presence up top... When crawley scored we just sat so deep and we were crying out for an outlet and or someone to put thier foot on the ball

Strange was maybe the wrong word but they arent the changes i would have made, Id have brought montano and baxter on half time for Mellor (who did OK in a scrappy game) and simspon

More than happy with how jonson has done so far......just picking up on things he himself said when he took over

Edited by bluehobbit