PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

The issue I have at present is many at the club look at the fans with disdain, fans are tolerated but too often we are criticised by the very people that have the begging bowls out time and again and I for one am sick of it. We're labelled as :censored: fans time and again yet after what we have endured in the last 19 years I reckon we have some of the most committed, loyal and tolerant fans around.

One of the best quotes I've read in a while (although im paraphasing) is that one of the most important things the new owners of man city did was to make the fans feel valued and important, to the extent of having employees ring fans after their 1st visit to the ground to see how they found it etc.

Not saying we should go to that extent but in all honestly how many of us feel valued by the club? Or feel like they are treated with disdain by the club? I'm with oafcprozac on this and feel we are tolerated because they need our money

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scratch2000uk

How many fee paying members does the trust still have?

The trusts web site is a good indicator of how much interest there is in raising funds and awareness , half the links don't even work. Not to mention that supposed winners of season tickets/ shirts etc, for joining it are ever published.

No Pete being a member of the Trust doesn't give you a voice, only Trust Directors invited onto the Trust Board by other Trust Directors can challenge Barry's position by way of a ballot amongst the Trust Directorship only.

The system was flawed from the start and this is why the Trust IMO is a lame duck and has been for years. Sorry if that pisses a few people off but that is my opinion and i know one or two work hard for the club but the Trust is the minority when in reality given people's misgivings re: the intentions of the owners over the last few years should have been getting stronger. Instead it has withered away into the background. An odd function here and there has done little to promote membership.

The Trust IMO should be hell bent on fundraising to kit and fit the new supporters bar out in the new stand - do something tangible that all fans can appreciate.

Building the stand is one issue, fitting the bugger out is another....

This is reason why the club has had to launch the playershare as a different body to appeal to fans especially those fed up with the trust.

...one of the most important things the new owners of man city did was to make the fans feel valued and important...

Great illusion, but they're good at making a select few feel valued.

http://www.theepocht...to-saudi-sheik/

MCR council pretty much rolled over for them, I hope NY deal with it differently. Their exploits in Abu Dhabi are questionable too.

How many fee paying members does the trust still have?

I'm still one I believe, although I have had no direct communication from the trust for about 2 or 3 years.

The trusts web site is a good indicator of how much interest there is in raising funds and awareness , half the links don't even work. Not to mention that supposed winners of season tickets/ shirts etc, for joining it are ever published.

Good point. This is characteristic of the "Don't worry, they will still come and support and watch and pay" attitude that surrounds almost everything to do with the club. If I had the spare time I'd offer to spruce it up a little, but as it stands it looks like that's a big job to recover. I have offered my help on several occasions, once I gave them a free alternative to their then website, plus I started and helped curate their twitter account. The free website was shunned and the twitter account was taken from me and has now probably gone to seed.

Trouble is, it's all good shouting off on here about it but there's nobody that can be arsed to step up and have a go. If you want to change it, do something about it.

I messaged Barry on here with regards to the new shirt situation (which didn't affect me directly but I felt was worth raising) and to his credit he messaged me back very quickly. However, after a few messages back and forth the long and short of it was, in my opinion, an elaborate way of saying 'tough :censored:' and that I was in a minority of fans who were aggrieved at what had happened. I did ask whether he fought the fans' corner on the issue and the silence on the issue was deafening. I do not doubt he takes his role seriously but I remain of the opinion that we have a board's representative to the fans and not a fans' representative on the board.

JSS has to be a candidate.

Problem is, he was/is supposed to be the fans representative on the board but seems to have ended up just working there (paid or otherwise).

The role of fans representative to the club seems to have become clubs representative to the fans.

Edited by HarryBosch

Problem is, he was/is supposed to be the fans representative on the board but seems to have ended up just working there (paid or otherwise).

The role of fans representative to the club seems to have become clubs representative to the fans.

Out of interest, Barry, were you paid during the period in which you were interim-CEO?

This.