it's a record

We are where our support suggests we should be.

Dusnt really work like that though does it? When we do well people will always return and our average will rise just as our average has dropped after 3 poor seasons.

When we flirted with the play offs a couple of times in recent years we averaged around 6k.

Rochdale Hold the award for that don't they? 40 years in the basement division - avoid the trap door to non league a fair few times

I think Arsenal hold the record for most consecutive years in any one division - but we hold 2nd and 3rd flight records. Just gone past Walsall for third divison

So after mathematically staying up with 2 games to spare for the 4th season running, is the fact that we've been in the same league for 17 years a good thing?

After watching a fair bit of League 2 this year my overwhelming feeling is that I'm glad we aren't playing at that standard week in week out, but it would've been nice to have a promotion at some point in the last decade and a half.

I think Arsenal hold the record for most consecutive years in any one division - but we hold 2nd and 3rd flight records. Just gone past Walsall for third divison

Pretty sure Everton hold it - I may be wrong, but I think they have never played outside the top flight since they got into it. I seem to remember they did an event celebrating 100 years of top flight football?

Edited by pukka

After watching a fair bit of League 2 this year my overwhelming feeling is that I'm glad we aren't playing at that standard week in week out, but it would've been nice to have a promotion at some point in the last decade and a half.

After watching mainly conference north football this season and then the colchester game I'm not sure I could say which one was a higher standard!

Pretty sure Everton hold it - I may be wrong, but I think they have never played outside the top flight since they got into it. I seem to remember they did an event celebrating 100 years of top flight football?

Everton are second behind Arsenal

After watching mainly conference north football this season and then the colchester game I'm not sure I could say which one was a higher standard!

Some decent stuff in that League to be fair, I always pop down and watch Stalybridge (who have had an abysmal second half of the season) if I can't get to the Latics game.

Some decent stuff in that League to be fair,

True, although I very much hope not to be watching it next season assuming Bishop's Stortford return to the south division after the nightmare journeys of the last couple of years - such as three away games in 7 days at Colwyn Bay, Workington and Halifax which was one of last year's "highlights"

Dusnt really work like that though does it? When we do well people will always return and our average will rise just as our average has dropped after 3 poor seasons.

When we flirted with the play offs a couple of times in recent years we averaged around 6k.

to be fair prior to this season the last three seasons in League 1 have clearly been dictated by the clubs with the biggest playing budgets. Charlton, Sheff Weds and Huddersfield last season had a vastly superior budget to us, the season before that you had Brighton, Southampton and Peterborough then before that you had Norwich, Leeds and Millwall. It's less of a case this season, although Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Swindon and Doncaster have thrown their money around (in Swindon's case it has bitten them on the arse with transfer embargos)

I'm not saying we've achieved what I feel is adequate enough in the league over the last three seasons but in most cases unless you have a sugar Daddy throwing money at the squad, your playing budget for the season is going to be based on the number of fans you get through the gate. IMO if Blackburn and/or Wolves come down it could be tricky (but not impossible) to be up there come the end of the season

Edited by Tommy_Fent

On the odd occasion that I've watched Gloucester the clear differences between the leagues are the speed that the games played at and the decision making of teams in the final third of the pitch. It can certainly be an entertaining afternoon watching football at that level though.