Champagne / Whiskey and Revolver Moments 2012-13

Highs and lows  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Champagne Moment - Let's all have a disco

• Matt Smith first goal v. Liverpool - Jesus Christ we've scored!
    • Matt Smith second goal v. Liverpool - Jesus Christ we've scored AGAIN!
    • Wabara goal v. Liverpool - We CAN do this!
    • Baxter FK v. Nottingham Forest - Take that, that and THIS!
    • Simpson opener v. Forest - Why not have a pop, see what happens?
    • Matt Smith equaliser v. Everton - THUMP!
    • JYM winner v. Creepy Crawley - safety secured. Phew. Let's have champagne.
    • Gerrard hits the bar! - they're never gonna equalise now
    • Final whistle Liverpool - after six minutes of absolute agony
    • JYM's mazey 628-yard run v. Portsmouth, beating 17 players on the way
    • Baxter's hoof over the halfway line and out in the 95th minute v. Liverpool. No way back from there.
  2. 2. Whiskey and Revolver - and now the end is here / And so I face the final curtain

• Dickov sacking
    • Backroom staff sacking
    • Corney saying he's off if we're relegated when it was looking like a distinct possibility
    • Lee Johnson appointment - a 31-year-old and the shit we're in? Are you having a giraffe?
    • Baxter's brainless booking against PNE - without him for the next two games, we're fucked, no question
    • Preston's second goal as we search for the equaliser - so disappointing, so inevitable. Get me my gun.
    • Dickov stays! - any one of a succession of failures to sack or resign
    • Baxter's chipped penalty against Bournemouth - the shite we're in, you need to put your boot through it lad.
    • JYM's attempt on goal following his mazey 628-yard run v. Portsmouth, beating 17 players on the way
    • Baconbuttygate
    • The "reduced budget 2013-14" thread
    • Bury lock-out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to keep it to moments rather than games. I'll stick Preston's second goal up there.

Perfect, that was it. I was listening on LP and when Gordon said 'this will be a second' I nearly threw myself and my laptop out of a first floor window.

Champers: All the FA Cup run. PNE at home. Bastard Franchise Scum at home, Yeovil at home.

Revolver: the Bournemouth home match and Baxter's idiocy in such an important game. Oldham nil nearly every other week. The PNE away match which could have relegated us had it not been for back-to-back victories at the right time.

Everton matt smith goal and lee johnsons appointment for me, although the low for me would be baxters ridiculous penalty chip. just seemed to sum the season up completely, and i thought "thats that".

ironically everyones low point of the season turned out to be the best thing to happen to the club in years

Everton matt smith goal and lee johnsons appointment for me, although the low for me would be baxters ridiculous penalty chip. just seemed to sum the season up completely, and i thought "thats that".

ironically everyones low point of the season turned out to be the best thing to happen to the club in years

I'll defo stick on Baxter's penalty chip. Truly unbelievable moment.