Another youth player called up

Yes mentioned him on here a few weeks ago, only 16yo I think, a left back, good attitude, very competitive.

A real prospect, maybe not quite ready yet, but he's not short of confidence and won't let the side down.

Big centre back Tomos Clarke is another I expect to see challenging for a first team place next season.

TP rates them both highly;

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130108-phillyquotes-587240.aspx

Edited by BP1960

Yes mentioned him on here a few weeks ago, only 16yo I think, a left back, good attitude, very competitive.

A real prospect, maybe not quite ready yet, but he's not short of confidence and won't let the side down.

Big centre back Tomos Clarke is another I expect to see challenging for a first team place next season.

TP rates them both highly;

http://www.oldhamath...tes-587240.aspx

Didn't Tomos Clarke get binned? He wasn't offered a pro contract I thought?

TP brought Truelove in to train with the 1st team whilst he was in charge - he rates him highly.

It needs to; and so far looks like it is doing, but the LJ / TP working relationship is going to be key. There has to be follow through & a definate path from the youths into the 1st team.

I'm all for it. It's why i wanted the youth team / youth system kept on, and its why i'm more than fine to see a sqaud made up of plenty of our young lads mext season.

TP brought Truelove in to train with the 1st team whilst he was in charge - he rates him highly.

It needs to; and so far looks like it is doing, but the LJ / TP working relationship is going to be key. There has to be follow through & a definate path from the youths into the 1st team.

I'm all for it. It's why i wanted the youth team / youth system kept on, and its why i'm more than fine to see a sqaud made up of plenty of our young lads mext season.

The problem Sly is the shambles of a reserve league structure - with matches few and far between, unless SC insists on the Latics joining a larger more competitive reserve league nothing will change as to the pathway to progress.

The problem Sly is the shambles of a reserve league structure - with matches few and far between, unless SC insists on the Latics joining a larger more competitive reserve league nothing will change as to the pathway to progress.

Is there other leagues?

What are the implications of this, more money or?

What will change is that they will be encouraged as part of the first team set up. Not left to rot in limbo and ignored and criticised by the first team manager as not good enough. A proper pathway and transition will be developed.