2. 2. John-Yves M'Voto

3. 3. James Tarkowski

4. 4. Conor Brown

5. 5. Glen Belezika

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to find out. Step forward some posters whose opinions I previously valued highly...

opinions4u,

OAFC_Ryan,

dave53,

Lookers_Carl,

Omar Don't Scare,

sjk2008,

gavinodriscoll,

Scapegoat,

oldhamowl123,

SavageTheBeast,

mikejh45,

Flemboy,

stargazer,

Crusoe,

pistonbroke,

Markspark92,

FLH1993,

thehurtman,

jsslatic,

laticdickovarmy,

deyres42,

4froale,

warwickshire latics,

stevey62,

baz_oafc,

simplythemostimportantkick,

Snookmeister,

Ackey,

MancLatic

Was he awful last year?

I didnt think he was awful. I thought he was an improving, young CB who was havig to do his development in the gaze of 1st team games.

Agree that Big Jean leaving has actually been a blessing though. He's being found out in the Championship, and Tarky has kicked on at a rapid rate of pace

Was he awful last year?

For me, it's more the fact that LJ has let him play football, rather than having him as a hoof merchant.

99% of the time he does his job and defends well and his maizy runs remind me of Jobson all those years ago. 1% of the time he drops a bollock, but that is all part of learning.

The transformation is unbelievable. It shows a lot about LJ as a coach, and about his pre-season and coaching methods - and his ability to install confidence in players, by developing and improving their ability rather than seemingly just being best mates....!

Or maybe he just realised his career was heading down the pan if he didn't shape up and sort himself out?

Or maybe he just realised his career was heading down the pan if he didn't shape up and sort himself out?

But this is it - was his career heading down the pan?

I really dont / didnt think it was?

He was a 19/20 year old CB learning the game.

Last season's experience has helped in this season's development.

With Tarky it was all about how far he'd develop.

The speed of development since Johnson came in has been exceptional.

Easy to find out. Step forward some posters whose opinions I previously valued highly...opinions4u,OAFC_Ryan,dave53,Lookers_Carl,Omar Don't Scare,sjk2008,gavinodriscoll,Scapegoat,oldhamowl123,SavageTheBeast,mikejh45,Flemboy,stargazer,Crusoe,pistonbroke,Markspark92,FLH1993,thehurtman,jsslatic,laticdickovarmy,deyres42,4froale,warwickshire latics,stevey62,baz_oafc,simplythemostimportantkick,Snookmeister,Ackey,MancLatic

Thanks for the vote of confidence singe.

Edited by BP1960

Possibly, it's more the constant ass licking of Johnson from some that's getting a bit wearisome, everything and anything he says/does being treated as if it's a world first.

For all we know he might take no part in training and the improvement from Tarkowski might have been aided by Steele/Mimms/Murray or even him helping himself by getting fitter and stronger.

Possibly, it's more the constant ass licking of Johnson from some that's getting a bit wearisome, everything and anything he says/does being treated as if it's a world first.

For all we know he might take no part in training and the improvement from Tarkowski might have been aided by Steele/Mimms/Murray or even him helping himself by getting fitter and stronger.

Who appointed Steele, Mimms & Murray?

The turning point for Tarky was last summer the training programme LJ put him on changed him, he looked a completely different player from last season to this season, He turned from a kid into a fully grown pro in one summer, the biggest thing for me was LJ helped him find his confidence and now he's a leader on the pitch as well as off it.

The turning point for Tarky was last summer the training programme LJ put him on changed him, he looked a completely different player from last season to this season, He turned from a kid into a fully grown pro in one summer, the biggest thing for me was LJ helped him find his confidence and now he's a leader on the pitch as well as off it.

I was just going to post similar words to this re: the end if season into pre-season dossier / booklet each player got to follow

Huge difference to Tarky

Have any of you seen Tarky come over to bench around the 60min marker of any game under Johnson and have to take on a energy sachet and iso-fuel drink?

How many times did he have to do that under Dickov and Butler? Most games IIRC - i know, becuase i used to post on it so much as it amazed me it was having to happen.

Fitness, strength, nutrition, belief, a managers faith and new found sense of focus....added to the harsh experiences of a full debut season have all added together to really kick him on.

Tarky takes a huge slice of the praise for this himself; but so too does LJ...

Easy to find out. Step forward some posters whose opinions I previously valued highly...

opinions4u,

OAFC_Ryan,

dave53,

Lookers_Carl,

Omar Don't Scare,

sjk2008,

gavinodriscoll,

Scapegoat,

oldhamowl123,

SavageTheBeast,

mikejh45,

Flemboy,

stargazer,

Crusoe,

pistonbroke,

Markspark92,

FLH1993,

thehurtman,

jsslatic,

laticdickovarmy,

deyres42,

4froale,

warwickshire latics,

stevey62,

baz_oafc,

simplythemostimportantkick,

Snookmeister,

Ackey,

MancLatic

I stand corrected. My worries last year were budget based and I was keener if we couldn't afford much for that to be spent on experience.

Tarky has stepped up this season and I am as delighted as anyone!