Simpson might be back

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the few posters on here are correct that thousands of Latics fans think Simpson never tried and is a poor league one player then I am way outta touch. Simpson played in a side bereft of tactics and fitness all season long. The lad and club admit he struggled with injury and he agreed he was disappointed with his form. Whilst ever player as a shelf life Simpson is far from that point yet and we really do have short memories. We saw when Simpson came to the club just what he could offer, his name was sang many times and indeed the sign him up chant rang out enough,

I am not here backing Robbie up claiming a great season, however he did get stuck in and his booking/sending off record shows this. He was just way off his ability with injury and playing in that team. I would keep Simpson on the wage structure now in place because we have far worse at the club ability wise.

The lad himself admits his season was disappointing and we know he is capable.

If the few posters on here are correct that thousands of Latics fans think Simpson never tried and is a poor league one player then I am way outta touch. Simpson played in a side bereft of tactics and fitness all season long. The lad and club admit he struggled with injury and he agreed he was disappointed with his form. Whilst ever player as a shelf life Simpson is far from that point yet and we really do have short memories. We saw when Simpson came to the club just what he could offer, his name was sang many times and indeed the sign him up chant rang out enough,

I am not here backing Robbie up claiming a great season, however he did get stuck in and his booking/sending off record shows this. He was just way off his ability with injury and playing in that team. I would keep Simpson on the wage structure now in place because we have far worse at the club ability wise.

The lad himself admits his season was disappointing and we know he is capable.

When I say current wage structure I mean a reduced wage for Robbie like accross the board. I just hope this doesn't pan out we are to get the Mark Hughes of this world again!

Did Gregan mug us off? and trust me this happens more than clubs let on

Gregan was actually good though. Simpson has been poor for months. I dont want us to be messed about by a player who has been decidedly average for large parts.

I wouldn't read much into what he has said in the column, having being paid by the Chron all year he's hardly going to come out and slag the club off and say how much he can't wait to get away.

He seems like a decent, honest lad and would, as Lags alludes to, admit that his form for the most part of the season was below par - I wish him well and would hope he gets a decent reception if our paths cross in the future.

Edited by deyres42

Simpson. Under delivered this season, but has shown that he does have ability (as he did previously on loan).

If we get him on a lower wage (and not bothered that he would have tried to earn more money first - who wouldn't) I would be happy-ish - and would hope that LJ can get the best out of him on a more regular basis

I'm right, in my opinion anyway! Maybe I shouldn't have tweeted him in the heat of the moment, but I'm sure he won't be losing any sleep!

As for Barton, that was a joke after his rant the other day about people pointing his spelling mistakes out!

I struggle to buy that he was injured, first part of the season maybe, but he looked perfectly fit in the FA Cup games.

Simpson has rejected our contract, we move on and let him rob some other poor team of a wage. Frustrating that we're sitting back and giving him a last resort!

In LJ I trust. There were times when heads went down and the players gave up but most of the time they did try. It was just poor management, lack of physical and mental fitness, lack of motivation and 11 individuals rather than a team.

Simpson has ability but the difficulty he had staying on his feet seemed to be matched by a difficulty in remaining focussed. I'm not sure what his best position would be.

If LJ thinks he will fit into the team he is going to produce for us then I'll live with that.