Aaron Wilbraham

Former Latic, now one game away from being a Premier League striker. Not one of those who I'd have said was likely to make it to the top tier but good luck to him if they do it.

Played in the PL for Norwich last season too, along with Marc Tierney, another who we underestimated.

Wilbraham has to survive the summer clear-out first of course, i don't think he can cut it as a premierleague striker though, no real quality!

So he did, hadn't noticed that.

Palace chairman was on the radio before saying they largely intend to go with what they've got if they go up so will wait and see. He may benefit from other strikers moving on what with Zaha being sold, Dobbie being on loan and Phillips being 107.

So he did, hadn't noticed that.

Palace chairman was on the radio before saying they largely intend to go with what they've got if they go up so will wait and see. He may benefit from other strikers moving on what with Zaha being sold, Dobbie being on loan and Phillips being 107.

We shall see - I think sticking with the core of your promotion team is very important, they have far more hunger and desire to suceed after getting you there in the first place. Prime example is Swansea, they kept the same group of players and were brilliant, expanded upon under Laudrup and improved.

QPR the prime example of it going the other way, too many big ego's in the squad and many don't give two :censored:s about anything other than money. Players like Hill and Derry have been their best this season - showed passion when they've needed to.

Interestingly, although Phillips has said he's retiring at the end of the season, I reckon he'll go for another year if they go up - he is a top class player and can still knock them in!

Former Latic, now one game away from being a Premier League striker. Not one of those who I'd have said was likely to make it to the top tier but good luck to him if they do it.

Former Latic. No chance he'd want to sign for us. Worth a look?

It's been mentioned before on here, and certainly the Chron I think but Wilbraham's in-laws are from Royton and his father-in-law is a Latics fan - the Buckley family - so maybe there's more (very slim) chance of him coming here than most other strikers with a chance of getting to the Premier League.

never rated him. his positioning in the first half of the game from some of zahas crosses was crap, and they desperately missed murray. he is a squad player at best at championship level no chance in the PL

Every chance at our level. Although he wont be coming here any time soon.

• 3 months later...

His winning brace for us on his debut at Edgeley Park proved vital

Didn't do much after that but would you with David Lee pulling the strings in CM?

I forgot about David Lee after us I ink his career was ended by a bad leg break if memory serves correct Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

There is a close up of David Lee at the corner. (Well I think it's him!) - it could be hughes now I think about it

Lee didnt play

Lineup for this game.

J Thompson (-) N/A C Slater (-) N/A Steven Edwards (-) N/A yellow.26.0.pngAulton (-) N/A Taylor (-) N/A Harris (-) N/A D Edwards (-) N/A (74) Harrison (-) N/A Horler (-) N/A D Whitcombe (-) N/A Bullimore (-) N/A M Bytheway (D) N/A D Smith (-) N/A Ulfig (-) N/A (74) Turner (-) N/A S Bryan (-) N/A

N/A (G) C Day (70) N/A (D) R Scott yellow.26.0.png N/A (D) D Hall N/A (D) M Tierney N/A (D) G Owen N/A (M) R Wellens N/A (M) P Warne (81) N/A (M) M Hughes N/A (M) D Eyres N/A (F) C Porter (65) N/A (F) A Liddell N/A (G) L Cronin (70) N/A (D) T Forbes N/A (M) C Hall (81) N/A (M) P Edwards N/A (F) L Beckett (65)

Edited by razza699