Wolves and their £15.6m in TV money

Big drop next season though in TV fees for them, and in particular Portsmouth.

Maybe it shows just how much money is squandered.

More than anything it shows what a bunch of :censored:ing idiots our FA are and that the votes of a lot chairman in the football league can be easily bought. What a shambles.

It's even worse that by giving parachute payments to the relegated teams the FA evidently understand and appreciate the disparity between finance in Premiership and League football yet they're are not prepared to do anything about it other than finance yo-yo clubs.

They should be ashamed that they are allowing the soul of football to rot away through the greed of the Premier League strangling smaller clubs but they really don't give a :censored:. The £5bn from television rights should trickle down the pyramid yet the rest of football in this country is suffering from the inefficiency of the Premier League.

We should be proud to have more professional football teams than any other country in the world. Soon the only thing we'll have left to be proud of is having the 3rd league in Europe and a national team that can't even qualify for major competitions...

Edited by NewBlue

never thought about parachute payments before until now, how do the rest of l1 compete with wolves. do sheff utd payments stop this season then?

What did Latics do with their parachute payments from the Premier and Championships ?

Not always about having the money, lets remember, Sheff Weds first time around, Nottingham Forest, QPR, and Leeds still used there bigger fanbases to attract better players but didnt win them promotion first season.

How there players will react at places like Stevenage and Crawley playing in small grounds on a cold mid week or in the rain.

They already have the Champions League.

No, I mean a European Super League with top clubs from Europe deserting their national leagues to create something like a 18 club elite league, if that happens the Premier League and F.A would be left high and dry with little TV money left for them.

We can't say it won't happen, who thought in the glory days of the old European cup it would be replaced by a Champions League ?

Edited by BP1960

Not always about having the money, lets remember, Sheff Weds first time around, Nottingham Forest, QPR, and Leeds still used there bigger fanbases to attract better players but didnt win them promotion first season.

How there players will react at places like Stevenage and Crawley playing in small grounds on a cold mid week or in the rain.

It's always sunny in The Championship.

must admit im so glad i got the early 90,s with oldham when 1.2 mill deals being struck for redmond an pointon with holden goin the other way were the norm bp 1960 i supose thats where the money whent

Yes, in those days perhaps more was spent on transfer fees than players wages.

Edited by BP1960

I don't think there were any parachute payments back then.

There was indeed, I remember when Stotty said about 3 games before the Norwich game saying something like "when we are relegated we still get a payment from the premier league".

No, I mean a European Super League with top clubs from Europe deserting their national leagues to create something like a 18 club elite league, if that happens the Premier League and F.A would be left high and dry with little TV money left for them.

We can't say it won't happen, who thought in the glory days of the old European cup it would be replaced by a Champions League ?

I actually want it to happen. Even better a worldwide one with River, Boca etc in it.

Doubt a European League would be a goer in terms of replacing the domestic ones - a pre season league with the games being played worldwide I could see happening though.

There was talk about increasing the CL again and playing games on saturdays and more pressure from UEFA to reduce the PL to 18 teams.

Doubt a European League would be a goer in terms of replacing the domestic ones - a pre season league with the games being played worldwide I could see happening though.

Dont think a Super League may happen alot of these big teams enjoy domestic success in there own league. However i can see the day where Champions League games are switched to a Friday/Saturday