Not really bothered about him going. Obviously isn't ever going to play and would like someone new in the role that he had towards the end of the season (Reserve Team Manager). But good luck to him.

The reserves don't need a dedicated manager, for the few number of games they have TP could run it.

The reserves don't need a dedicated manager, for the few number of games they have TP could run it.

Reserve Team football is a waste of time and has been for some years simply because it has become harder and harder to dig out a competitive and regular fixture list….

Edited by oafcprozac

Reserve Team football is a waste of time and has been for some years simply because it has become harder and harder to dig out a competitive and regular fixture list….

Aided by the shambles of the Manchester Senior Cup, which wasn't even completed this time.

Just out of interest for those with more knowledge why is it so difficult for them to arrange a decent reserve league? If every team has a reserve side surely there is enough to form proper leagues?

It's because the Central League has been split into ludicrous regional zones with only about 9 teams in each, if a restructuring by them doesn't take place the fixtures farce will continue.

Also the Manchester County officials heads need banging together to create a Manchester Senior Cup that has some credibility about it, maybe combining it with Manchester Junior Cup, which is for local non league clubs.

Mind you at one time reserve teams like the Latics played in the Cheshire League against local non league teams, I enjoyed these games as they were competitive, gave youth a grounding against often more experienced players and also gave an opportunity to spot any opposition non league prospects. (I saw a very young Alan Ball play for Ashton United in one of those games).

Edited by BP1960

Reason being that I would like LJ to bring in his own man, someone that would buy into what LJ wants to do. I can easily see TP taking everything on board at youth team level but I would like someone in the gap between the youth team and the first team to take in LJ's ideas and instill them. Getting LJ's philosophy into the entire club.

Paul Murray won't be able to do that because he isn't a proper coach and also doesn't have any experiment unlike TP, I would like LJ to get somebody in that he knows will take on his ideas and get all fringe players and young players playing the type of game that LJ would require in the first team.

• 2 weeks later...

And LJ is hoping that Paul Gerrard will stay as well

"Johnson has confirmed that Paul Murray will remain at the club as a member of the backroom staff.

The 36 year old, who took charge of the reserves towards the end of 2011-12, is being lined up by Johnson to operate in a role which will include scouting and coaching.

Goalkeeping coach Paul Gerrard is another staff member Johnson intends to keep on at Boundary Park."

You've personally got no time for him, or there isn't time for him to become a good coach?

Strange if you've got no time for him; whenever i've met him - 1st spell & 2nd spell, he's been top draw....?

A personal matter.

What's with all this downboating?...

I think it's Mr pseudonym (small 'p') having a bit of a poke at those who have criticised his views and grammatical errors. Apparently, he's a grown up adult, too.

*Sits back and awaits further downboat

I think it's Mr pseudonym (small 'p') having a bit of a poke at those who have criticised his views and grammatical errors. Apparently, he's a grown up adult, too.

*Sits back and awaits further downboat

What's with all this downboating?...

If you are on the main version you can see who down boated you by clicking on the downboat number.