• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame; he looked a real player he did. But - we move on.

1st (non) deal I can remeber in a while where it appears to have broken down on contract where the player wanted less time on a contract than the club did. Weird but hey ho - we move on.

Sure LJ has plenty of other irons in the fire

Have we any other cases of players not signing for Latics when all seemed a done deal, if so how did the players get on at the club they moved to ?

Heffernan's ripping it up at Ross County, Ian Moore's dad is still a :censored: and Wijnhard is cottaging in West Yorkshire.

That, if true, throws a different light on things. If we wanted a third year option in the contract and Vigurs for some reason said no then surely that isn't a good enough excuse for everything to go tits up!!

Can anyone explain why this deal has collapsed based on the info available, or perhaps there's more to it all....I'm confused!

The plot thickens eh?

Hmmmm, might not be as dead in the water as it seemed yesterday then?

I still hope something can be sorted - as he seems to be a key target for LJ. As I said last night; I'm sure he has plenty of other options too; but he's gone all out to try & get this lad, it wiuld be good to see it through.

Watch and see then?

(Guess they wont have to worry about quickly taking photos for the OS if they're already done if this does now still go through!)

Maybe he/ his agent changed their demands for some reason whilst negotiations were ongoing to just a one year contract which would have prompted us to walk away.

Like Sly, my only interest in this is that LJ seems to have targeted him early so he may be thinking that he'd have played a key role next season. On the other hand, I've never seen him play and, even if I had, I'd probably still have no idea whether he'd be effective for us or not. If LJ was happy to leave the deal on the strength of the length of the deal, perhaps he has others in mind that could do the same job for us.

Edited by Twisbrogan

How the hell do you get to taking photos without agreeing on the length of the contract?

Good point, perhaps the problems with his medical rumour that someone was saying a few days ago has some legs to it. As that would be the sort of thing that stops someone from signing around the time that publicity photos are being taken.

The story about disagreement with the length of contract could be a smokescreen that allows Vigurs to sign for someone else.

The Great Vigurs mystery of 2013 may be one that is never solved, but I have faith in LDJ that he would have been flexible if he thought it worth it.

The link above looks like a copy and paste from yesterday's MEN (published before MEN broke the news last night)

No mention of length of contract in the MEN article - that only came to light last night.

Sounds to me like the deal could be back on. Get back off your jols, LJ, and get him signed up.

Good point, perhaps the problems with his medical rumour that someone was saying a few days ago has some legs to it. As that would be the sort of thing that stops someone from signing around the time that publicity photos are being taken.

I said about the medical. They don't want to disclose it which am guessing like you said enables him to sign for somebody else if it isn't seen on their medical. Clearly serious enough to not sign him.

On the question about why not just offer him a one-year deal:

I'd guess he'd want significant wages, he's over 24, and therefore he could put himself in the shop window for a few months, sign a pre-contract agreement somewhere else, and take it easy before moving on. Maybe LJ wants players a little more committed and less likely to leave us out of pocket.