David Mellor, Carl Winchester, James Tarkowski, Kirk Miller, Alex Cisak

My good god Tarky at the back in a championship club has put a smile on my face

I just dont get the hype at all. I want him to do well but I may get slatted but I dont want him to sign a new deal

Would we get compo as well???

Yes as we have offered him a deal. I rate him, if he learns from this season, he could shine next if he signs.

Any insight into whether any of these will be at the club, Im sure Mike Keegan and the guy from the chron read this, so feel free to enlighten us all. Its going to look a completely different squad next season.

Tweet them

@menoafc

@matt_chambers_

The one thing he has is leadership qualities but he is positionally poor, tries to hit the long hollywood pass all the time thus surendering possesion, he gets caught ball watching, doesnt learn from mistakes

If we get a fee than I think we are laughing, I think that would be a trubunial one as I see us overvaluing him against what Blackburn or any others think

There are 30+ better CB's out there

As I say its just my opinion

never really rated tarky, he far too often tries stevie gerrard 40 yard passes, most of the of which end up in touch. He's also usually blowing out of his arse at the hour mark. He might make it in league 2 but I really don't think he is good enough for us and im hoping that he isn't our first choice centre half come next season. I would love to be proven wrong like.

I can't help but think when I see the thread title - "David Mellor, Carl Winchester, James Tarkowski, Kirk Miller, Alex Cisak..." that it should be followed by "...your boys took one hell of a beating!"

Edited by Crusoe

Can we learn to spell Kirk Millar's name correctly?

I'd pretty pissed off if everyone did the same to me...

Been saying this for months. I can't spel for toffi but I always try to get players names right, and lets be honest Millar is hardly complex is it?!

The first four on that list would be mad to leave. One more year of regular (or even semi-regular) 1st team football for us would bring their games on a lot. Tarky may be the most developed of the lot but is no better than League One at present. The rest would be lucky to get League Two footy at present, although next year could be a different story.

As for Cisak, that's up to LJ. We seem to have made room for him but if we aren't offering first team football he'll leave.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Can we learn to spell Kirk Millar's name correctly?

I'd pretty pissed off if everyone did the same to me...

Yes, a mate of mine, A Hart, wasn't too happy when a letter was sent to him addressed with his surname beginning with an F.

Edited by BP1960

IIRC Everton lost out on compensation for Dan Gosling when his contract expired because he didn't receive a written contract offer until too late. I hope, Cisak aside, we haven't fallen into the same trap with these players.

Their contracts don't expire until 30 June so we have until then to make a contract offer.

If we have made one- verbal or otherwise - and given them a deadline to respond by, and they don't then we can withdraw that offer.

The Gosling scenario would only be applicable if we had done nothing by 30 June.

Edited by LaticsPete

Their contracts don't expire until 30 June so we have until then to make a contract offer.

If we have made one- verbal or otherwise - and given them a deadline to respond by, and they don't then we can withdraw that offer.

The Gosling scenario would only be applicable if we had done nothing by 30 June.

It's 30 May see http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Gosling