Duncan "Ginge" Watmore signs for Sunderland. Innit.

Thanks Gravity.

To fill those in who are wondering ;

Watmore was one of my tips from non league a while back about whom I personally handed in a recommendation to the Latics, and initially was very annoyed at receiving no reply from them.

Good to see the lad get his chance, IMO he's not in the same class as my other protégée Dan Gardner though.

Edited by BP1960

Just a quick post didn't have time to put full details up as at work . Really petty at times this forum - like getting slammed for saying tarky was injured and being accused of spouting :censored:e .

I don't agree.

It's an Oldham Athletic forum for erm........ Oldham Athletic fans, it ain't rocket science is it?

Just a quick post didn't have time to put full details up as at work . Really petty at times this forum - like getting slammed for saying tarky was injured and being accused of spouting :censored:e .

I think Razza (and I) were referring to the original thread about Watmore going to Sunderland that gave no indication whatsoever it was about Watmore going to Sunderland.

Toys back in the pram...

I gave up predicting future Premiership stars when Lewis Allesandra joined Morecambe.

I'm obviously no scout!

Along with many others I thought Lewis looked something special when in the youth team.

l predicted a bright future for Chris Sutherland, next season is going to be a big one for him.

Edited by BP1960

I think Razza (and I) were referring to the original thread about Watmore going to Sunderland that gave no indication whatsoever it was about Watmore going to Sunderland.

Toys back in the pram...

Indeed, doesnt take 2 seconds to put as the title Watmore signs for Sunderland... Rather than BP1960...

In fairness I think Gravity might have been expecting the first response from myself and it would follow on from there.

As for Watmore, Gardner and James etc I can only go on what I see and not what's put upon the internet by others earlier or later - just as I cant expect others to take my word on recommendations.

There's always unpolished gems out there, unfortunately not all are unearthed and picked up by the high class jewelers, I have seen some real diamonds spend all their careers in non league, many who played for the England C team in the past for example.

I never rule out a good player even if he plays for a pub team, after all Tony Naylor and Tony Ellis, two very skillful players, went on to progress from that level to gracing the Championship.

On the other side of he coin I have seen youth players released from top clubs move into pub football, indeed I saw one the other week who played for England under 21s not long ago playing Sunday league.

Edited by BP1960

Thanks Gravity.

To fill those in who are wondering ;

Watmore was one of my tips from non league a while back about whom I personally handed in a recommendation to the Latics, and initially was very annoyed at receiving no reply from them.

Good to see the lad get his chance, IMO he's not in the same class as my other protégée Dan Gardner though.

BP, I'm reading an article in the NLP about Altrincham striker Damien Reeves. Apparently not many managets rate him and one has been quoted as saying "I've seen him 6 times, he scored 5 goals, but he's :censored:ing :censored:!"

Have you seen him play?

BP, I'm reading an article in the NLP about Altrincham striker Damien Reeves. Apparently not many managets rate him and one has been quoted as saying "I've seen him 6 times, he scored 5 goals, but he's :censored:ing :censored:!"

Have you seen him play?

Sounds like Luke Beckett.

Have you seen him play?

A mate who supports Alty said he is maximum L2 standard and that's only if he has Watmore playing with him...