Kits for next season

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible

on another note have you ever seen another fan wear a Goalkeeper jersey at a game in recent years? I'm sure when I used to go back in the 90s that fans would wear them

I used to have a green Gary Kelly one and also a blue David Seaman England one

A couple of us came up with a theory a few years ago when Peterborough were taking us to pieces 5-2 at their ground.

Here is the theory.

Bright keeper shirts give an advantage to the striker because they can pick out the keeper on the turn and the keeper is more prominent in peripheral vision.

Discuss.

A couple of us came up with a theory a few years ago when Peterborough were taking us to pieces 5-2 at their ground.

Here is the theory.

Bright keeper shirts give an advantage to the striker because they can pick out the keeper on the turn and the keeper is more prominent in peripheral vision.

Discuss.

I've been told it's the other way round, that the brighter the shirt the bigger the player looks. Hence us wearing that monkey sick away shirt in 2009

Here is the theory.

Discuss.

Surely majority of shots would go straight at the keeper then?

Both shirts are horrendous, what is it about goalkeeper kist that makes the design of them horrendous?

Here is the theory.

Discuss.

Could be a point but the reverse is true. More prominent in peripheral vision ergo easier to slot it past him

Could be a point but the reverse is true. More prominent in peripheral vision ergo easier to slot it past him

I see the other argument too, but if I've somehow managed to get my face off the centre-half's elbow and there's the ball, a luminous orange presence might just be the beacon I need when deciding which way to kick it.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

didn't Chelsea change their keeper kit to fluorescent Orange a few seasons back and there was a bit of a tizz because people thought it would draw the strikers eye and they would shoot straight at the keeper?

Going back to my Roy of the Rovers comic back in the 1950s, Melchester Rovers tried yellow and orange zig zag patterned socks as the manager thought the the players could spot each other more easily when passing the ball, it worked for them of course.

Edited by BP1960